Wolford Tights- Are the worth the money?

how about sizes im 5' 6" and 135 lbs roughly should i get a small or medium?

Small is for heights up to 5'4". I am 140 and 5'4" and I wear a M. If I were you I would get the M. It is better to size up rather than down because there the tights won't be as stretched so they will be more opaque and less likely to run.

i have several pairs, and they are really great so far- no rips or tears or runs (though most of mine are sweater tights).

i haven't paid full price for any of them though- i find them at marshall's and TJ maxx.

Do they generally have black velvet de luxe ones @ Marshall's or TJ Maxx? And, how much of a discount (if you don't mind me asking) do they generally have on those? Just looking for other options besides full price @ a department store :P

TIA!

I think I'm the only person who has ever had a problem with them :confused1:

I tried them on after I bought them and they were great. I wore them a few days later and within an hour or two of wearing them, I had a bunch of snags/pilling all over my left leg, and a small hole in the right leg (thankfully, the hole never turned into a run). The problems haven't gotten worse so I still wear the tights.

I'm willing to give Wolford another try, but I was disappointed with the quality of my first pair.

I had the same issue too. I blame my boots. Maybe they rubbed against the tights causing pilling?

I actually like Express tights. I find them very good value for money and they are super opaque. The only drawback is that the smallest size is still a little roomy around my ankles hence i only wear them with boots.

I'm 105 pounds, 5'2 BTW so I am hoping that Express starts making tights in XS.

Small is for heights up to 5'4". I am 140 and 5'4" and I wear a M. If I were you I would get the M. It is better to size up rather than down because there the tights won't be as stretched so they will be more opaque and less likely to run.

i would second this - my height & weight put me firmly in the in the "XS" category, but i size up to the S; i actually find the XS to be too short

i LOVE wolford tights...im super sensitive and dont like tights in general but in the winter i cave and wear my wolfords without a problem...i like how they sit nicely at the waist and its very soft and comfy---i love the velvet de luxe, opaque 80s and also got some shiny ones recently--like a more "wet" look in black :smile:

^^however, I would also recommend

PLUSH, it's a new brand I found thanks to this boutique in NY called Helianthus...its super soft and amazing...i bought like 4 pairs of PLUSH tights...comes in footless leggings and tights and in a denim version, shiny black and matte black...

only about 35-60 USD depending on the style you get but they are sooo comfy, lined with fleece so its really plush and not itchy at all!

^^ I actually just discovered PLUSH too calisnoopy! I have a pair of leggings which seem pretty comfy. But, I have to admit that I was definitely confused about the sizing. There were only 2 options: basically small or large. The ranges for each one were rather large and although I was well within the weight range for the small, I appeared *way* too tall for them. So I think the above advice to err on the side of going large/sizing up is universally helpful, no matter what the brand.

^^ I actually just discovered PLUSH too calisnoopy! I have a pair of leggings which seem pretty comfy. But, I have to admit that I was definitely confused about the sizing. There were only 2 options: basically small or large. The ranges for each one were rather large and although I was well within the weight range for the small, I appeared *way* too tall for them. So I think the above advice to err on the side of going large/sizing up is universally helpful, no matter what the brand.

i knowww...i bought the S/M for myself since i'm 5'0 and 105lbs but my friend is 5'9 and size 4-6 but she needed the M/L they told me based on her height alone...and it worked out great though, it wasnt too loose on her at all and she likes things fitted too...so i was glad...but you're right...with tights and leggings maybe companies should have a short, regular and long length as well as sizes like XS, S, etc...

i bought the denim plush leggings, silk shiny plush leggings, regular plush fleece tights and regular plush fleece leggings...but they're all lined with fleece which feels sooo PLUSHY and SMUSHY heheh...

i seee also you're looking for the CC le marais tote...i LOVE that bag, got it in dark gold from NM...such a cool color, have you tried NM, Saks, BG, Bloomies, Nordies and all the usual places already too?

I love all of mine..they're the best hands down imo.

calisnoopy- which ones are the regular plush fleece ones? I haven't been tights shopping in ages....

the regular fleece plush ones are the first ones plush introduced i think....

i would call helianthus in NY and ask for Grace, shes the owner and has been super helpful with all my purchases there--shes also the one who got me hooked on the PLUSH brand of leggings/tights

Can someone give a reference name for a pair of basic mat opaque black tights ?
(and maybe a price estimate...)

Although I am very tempted by their "trend" collection too, maybe the style + the quality and sizing would make a difference. For instance I bought some black lace tights/leggings in a regular accessories shop, but it was "one size fits all" and that´s always too large for me....baggy behind knees and have to pull it almost to armpits level !

And can I also order the model´s legs :P?? Maybe this is the biggest appeal of it afterall lol.