WOC Reissue Help! So Black Hardware

plv26

Mar 27, 2017
Hi Guys,

I’m really stuck - I bought a reissue WOC in the so black hardware calfskin despite having a caviar classic gold hw WOC already. I got this at LHR in March I was bitten by the tax free saving!. Do you think these two are too similar to keep both? I’m also thinking of purchasing the LV pochette metis as a more casual bag so keeping both most likely not possible. Is the so black hardware hard wearing?
The other 2 Chanel bags I own are also black (mini square and classic flap).
I probably won’t be purchasing anything from Chanel anytime soon as the price increases are too much for me.
Thank you

77BFFEE1-F74E-4C21-B6F1-234EF3373607.jpeg

Since you also want the LV I would say return the so black since the classic you have is also black...I like the black hardware though since the black hardware goes with everything ❤️

Reactions: plv26
Hi Guys,

I’m really stuck - I bought a reissue WOC in the so black hardware calfskin despite having a caviar classic gold hw WOC already. I got this at LHR in March I was bitten by the tax free saving!. Do you think these two are too similar to keep both? I’m also thinking of purchasing the LV pochette metis as a more casual bag so keeping both most likely not possible. Is the so black hardware hard wearing?
I probably won’t be purchasing anything from Chanel anytime soon as the price increases are too much for me.
Thank you

View attachment 4782132
I think they are too similar, return one and get the LV! Or another WOC in a different colour!

I’m a huge fan of black Chanels and own a bunch of different Chanel bags in black - with a variety of leathers and hardware. It might just be me enabling myself and my black Chanel obsession but I feel like different combinations of leather/hardware make each bag different.

IMO I think the calfskin/so black/reissue look is very different from caviar/gold/classic WOC. I have both and use them differently. The reissue so black is understated and under the radar. I don’t think most people recognize it as a Chanel unless they know the designer. I feel that the ghw Classic WOC is flashier and dressy and also screams Chanel.

I also own the PM and I can say the WOCs and PM function very differently. The PM holds significantly more. Of the three, I love the reissue so black WOC the most. I just love the black on black look and love how understated it is. Then next would be the PM, simply due to functionality (holds more). I don’t find myself reaching for my classic ghw WOC very often and would rank that last. If you don’t have the budget to keep both WOCs and buy a PM, maybe sell the classic WOC to fund the PM?

Last edited:
I think they both look similar and I would sell one. I vote keeping the Classic woc, but that is my own personal taste. Both are beautiful bags and it is ultimately what makes your heart sing. :smile:

Hi Guys,

Thank you

View attachment 4782132
b
I loved my so black 2.55 resissue WOC.
It’s so elegant , understated And i love the aged calfskin. I got no problem with the hardware.
The 2 WOCs are kind of similar i suggest keep the one i love more .
If u love WOCs and use them often you can ger one in a different color, or u can get something else instead.