WOC question - can the chain be moved?

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. #1 Feb 19, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
    Hi ladies,
    Please help. I'm considering a WOC timeless caviar CC envelope but the strap is interrupted by a round metal ring where the ends of the leather ring are located. In other words, it's not a continuous strap of woven leather. This ring is now located at the shoulder area when the bag is worn.

Can you WOC timeless envelope ladies tell me if the chain is movable? If I could rearrange the chain to make sure that the ring part is hidden, it's not that bad.

Thanks for your help.

Here's a pix that I borrowed from the another thread. It's from a vintage jumbo, but it explains the ring.

Attached Files:

2. yup. my reissue woc has the same. i just slide it in til it reaches the leather chain-holder.

3. Thanks! Can this part fit inside the leather chain holder? How common is this anyway? Do you know if every timeless envelop woc has this issue?