WOC Lovers: What's your favourite functional style of WOC?

resplendent

Sep 5, 2014
I am looking for functional/compartmental preferences, not necessarily style. But you can obviously mention your style preferences, too. :smile:

The contenders:

• Classic Quilted/Boy/Reissue WOC (the original compartment style)
  • Half-Moon WOC (discontinued) -- larger, expandable baguette shape & magnetic closure. No rear pocket
  • Trendy WOC -- no rear pocket, vertical pocket isn't deep. Working turnlock.
  • "Clutch"/Double-Zip (?not sure of the proper name) WOC -- 2 external zip pockets and a long open pouch
  • Reissue working-turnlock WOC
  • Golden Class WOC -- fliplock. No rear pocket
  • Boy clutch-WOC with magnetic closure and short removable strap

Let me know if I've forgotten a style you love. I need a new WOC; I sold my beautiful classic quilted black caviar WOC because I acquired a black classic flap and want to add a black reissue flap. Also, I wasn't a huge fan of the snap button closure.

Last edited:
For most functional, I like the half-moon WOC and the reissue with working turnlock. Not a fan of the WOC with the short chain- I can double up/shorten the chain on other WOCs to achieve that look/function and find the short chain limiting. Also not a fan of the double-zip WOC. The center compartment is great for the phone, but the other 2 compartments are too small- if they were just a little bigger they would be perfect. If you stuff one compartment, it makes it harder to use the other compartment. With the small compartments, I find it really limiting on what I can fit, and strongly prefer the more classic WOCs. Style-wise, I least like the trendy and the golden class. I think the metal plate on top of the trendy is a little loud and might be prone to scratches, and I just don't like the look of the golden class. Also, I think there have been some issues in the past with the clasp breaking on the golden class.

Reactions: resplendent
Wow, looks like somebody had been doing her homework, great job at analizing the bags! Its great to know you have the idea of what you want in a bag.

Since you have the experience of using a classic quilted caviar WOC, you might want to consider others since you are not a fan of the snapbutton. If it is me, why not consider the boy woc since they have it with the new magnetic closure? Or the reissue woc with a working turnalock (or even the lucky charm ones :graucho:). Not a fan of the clutches though they are pretty practical.

While i love the cc trendy, i have my reserves about lambskin, but thats just me. If you are open to all types of leather, trendy is a great option too!

Hope that helps & good luck on deciding :flowers: