WOC: left side is bent - is it normal?

cmd28

CD
O.G.
Mar 6, 2007
Hi everyone,

I purchased a 17C Boy WOC in calfskin a few ago and noticed today that the left side of the flap (where the zipper is) is slightly bent / wavey and doesn't lay as flat as the right side. There's more of a gap on the left when it's closed.

Is this normal? I haven't overstuffed the bag, I've only been carrying my slim Chanel card holder, key fob and a small lipstick.

The only pro about the zipper side sticking up more is that I don't get the zipper indent!

Attachments

• C406ADC1-3422-4716-B3BC-A9697001BDAE.jpg
    C406ADC1-3422-4716-B3BC-A9697001BDAE.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 402
Last edited:
I consider it normal.

Looked at a lot of WOCs in Paris recently...and they were all slightly different in how the flap sits. I mean, sure, some lay straighter and flatter than others, but this kind of variation I do not consider a defect, per se. Actually, that you mention the zipper doesn't leave an indent (or is less likely to), I'd prefer it. :P

I had a WOC I gently used that I sold recently, and with natural gentle use it won't stay perfectly straight. I consider that natural.

It doesn't look lopsided or crooked when seen while worn, right?

I watched a YouTube wear & tear video and that user admitted that she lifted her WOC a lot from the sides of the flap instead of from the center. Her flap ended up being quite bent...kind of smile-shaped when seen from the bottom. I would consider that a defect if it were brand new...yours looks good.

I think you can try to bend it straight, if you like.

Thanks for your replies!

If I look at the flap straight on, I can see that the left side has a slight bend/wave to it. I can feel it too.

I haven't been opening it from the corners, I've been mindful of putting my fingers around the button so that it doesn't lift weird.

I just tried to bend is straight, which has slightly helped it look less wavy, but I can still feel that the side isn't as flat.

I agree, I think it's a trade off for one flaw over the other - bent flap prevents the zipper dent in the leather. It's otherwise in prestige condition.