WOC flap side 'lifted'. Is it common?

Apr 24, 2009
Hey guys,

Does anyone else's WOC flap side had 'lifted' after some time? I had this baby for three years, did not stuffed it, just my phone, keys & lipstick. But i notice the flap side kinda lifted a bit and its no longer as rectangular as it used to be.

Does it bother anybody else? My concern is in near future, the side going to be liften even more, or even worst the side is rubbing from the chain strap?

image.jpeg image.jpeg

That's normal and will happen with usage over time. Especially if you overstuff the WOC, or load it with heavy things. That's one of the cons to a WOC.
That said, I think yours still look fine! I rotate my classic WOCs often, so I don't have that problem yet.
The WOC I use heavily is my Half Moon, but that one doesn't have this problem.

Reactions: katlina
Yes, happens to mine as well. And sometimes the flak even comes undone! I just need to make sure I check my bag frequently and ensure the flap is buttoned down. I had my WOC for 4 years

That's normal and will happen with usage over time. Especially if you overstuff the WOC, or load it with heavy things. That's one of the cons to a WOC.
That said, I think yours still look fine! I rotate my classic WOCs often, so I don't have that problem yet.
The WOC I use heavily is my Half Moon, but that one doesn't have this problem.

Thanks for your feedback, i guess its nothing to worry about. :smile:
Need to get another woc (s) then. Problem solved! :smile:

Reactions: ironic568
In another PF thread, I saw a woman cut up Dr scholls heel inserts and put a piece under each side and it prevented this issue. I am going to buy some this weekend and do it =D

I know this is an old thread, but does anyone know what they mean by putting cut up Dr. Scholls inserts on their wallet on chain? I am so curious. I just happen to find this old thread during a search.

I never posted photos ={

I cut two rectangular pieces, put one on the inside arch of each edge of the flap. It helps preserve the shape! When the bags get older the edges tend to arch like this pic

IMG_2175.jpg

I basically padded where the chain rubs against the flap

Reactions: joannetsen
I never posted photos ={

I cut two rectangular pieces, put one on the inside arch of each edge of the flap. It helps preserve the shape! When the bags get older the edges tend to arch like this pic

View attachment 4233719

I basically padded where the chain rubs against the flap

Thank you so much Tina_Bina :smile: How do you keep the pieces from falling? How do they stay on the woc flap? Did you glue them on? Any particular style of Dr. Scolls inserts I need to google the pics of? Sorry for all of the questions. I just received a light colored lambskin WOC and really wanting to prevent the wings and wear on the side as long as possible. I really want to try your insole trick. Again, thank you so much for your help :smile:

Last edited:
Thank you so much Tina_Bina :smile: How do you keep the pieces from falling? How do they stay on the woc flap? Did you glue them on? Any particular style of Dr. Scolls inserts I need to google the pics of? Sorry for all of the questions. I just received a light colored lambskin WOC and really wanting to prevent the wings and wear on the side as long as possible. I really want to try your insole trick. Again, thank you so much for your help :smile:

I just purchased the CVS branded version and it has adhesive on it already. It was easy to remove it from my bag too (I didn’t want to store it for a month+ with them on just in case) and the adhesive didn’t ruin the bag at all.

I just purchased the CVS branded version and it has adhesive on it already. It was easy to remove it from my bag too (I didn’t want to store it for a month+ with them on just in case) and the adhesive didn’t ruin the bag at all.

You are a life saver Tina_Bina [emoji8] Thank you so much. Even if the adhesive happens to leave residue on my lambskin WOC a little bit, I'll be ok with that, especially if it helps minimize the lifting of the sides over time. Lately all I want to carry is my WOC. I'm not grabbing for my mini and medium/large flaps very much. Thanks again and I can't wait to try it!