WOC: Filigree or classic?

cmd28

CD
O.G.
Mar 6, 2007
Hi! I’m looking to purchase a WOC but I can’t decide between the filigree design or the classic.

I’m able to get a filigree WOC a lot cheaper because a friend is selling it. I like that a unique design. However, classic is a beautiful design as well. Sometimes I feel like the classic is a bit too plain - but it’s a timeless piece. I have a few other classic pieces that I would use for dressier evenings. I would use the WOC for casual outings (shopping and traveling).

Thoughts??

I currently own: Boy WOC (planning to sell), Medium Classic Flap (black/silver), Mini Classic Flap (blue), Medium 226 Reissue (black chevron).

8E3D9AAA-167F-49B3-9164-CCD34FA03124.jpeg

I saw the filigree woc today and the zipper is leather, it has a magnetic closure. It feels lighter than the classic woc (maybe because of the leather zippers)? It’s pretty because of the LGHW. I also have a classic woc with SHW so I am hesitant on getting it. The filigree to me is more casual, whereas the classic can be both.

would suggest filigree since you already own CFs. I think filigree's resale value m

Thanks, I agree! I used to have the medium filigree bag when it first came out but sold it. I didn’t like the aged hardware on it. I lost around $800 on it when I sold it. I do like that the filigree WOC is a shiny light gold hardware.

I saw the filigree woc today and the zipper is leather, it has a magnetic closure. It feels lighter than the classic woc (maybe because of the leather zippers)? It’s pretty because of the LGHW. I also have a classic woc with SHW so I am hesitant on getting it. The filigree to me is more casual, whereas the classic can be both.

I didn’t even notice that it was lighter compared to the new classic WOC. I do like that it’s casual, but I’m a bit worried that I might get tired of the design in a few years.

I had my heart set on the boy WOC for years as my first Chanel but after I got it, I started to love the classics more.

I didn’t even notice that it was lighter compared to the new classic WOC. I do like that it’s casual, but I’m a bit worried that I might get tired of the design in a few years.

I had my heart set on the boy WOC for years as my first Chanel but after I got it, I started to love the classics more.

Maybe you should get the filigree, it’s more casual which you mentioned you would use more for shopping and traveling. If down the road you want a classic you can sell it? Classics are always around. But I think this filigree is a seasonal item.

Reactions: cmd28