WOC Face Off: Half Moon versus Timeless Envelope

1. Sign up to become a TPF member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It's free and quick to sign up, so join the discussion right now!
    Dismiss Notice
Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
?

Which WOC do you prefer to use?

1. Half Moon WOC

2. Timeless Envelope WOC

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. I was wondering if I could get some opinions on the Timeless Envelope WOC. How do you like it and what do you think of it compared to the Half Moon?

I am contemplating exchanging my Half Moon for the Timeless because of a few reasons. It's a classic, it has two extra pockets that the Half Moon doesn't have, one on the back and one on the inside flap, and last but certainly not least, it's available with gold hardware!

The Half Moon though is squishy and seems to fit a little more. Both WOC's are soooo adorable and the choice will be very difficult.

What are your opinions when comparing these two bags?

Attached Files:

2. I have 2 Half moon ones and they r hands down my best CHANELS.I have the other WOC's too but the half moon fits more and works out best for me

3. I have been having the same thoughts and did end up returning the half moon. I bought the envelope(with gold hardware) and the Sevruga and really love them both! I still have moments of wanting the half moon but I really think that the envelope is totally classic and the half moon seems trendy and I had a few friends tell me it looked a bit " 80"s"!!
    Also, everyone is saying that the half moon is more spacious but I have to say that I always use larger handbags but I've been obsessed with using my WOC and I fit so much in both of mine. I actually thought that when I put my stuff in the half moon it looked like it was overstuffed.
    I definitely say go with the envelope!
    Hope that helps! :P

4. #4 Feb 10, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2010
    Yes it definitely helps and I appreciate your response. I've read on here too that some people deem the Half Moon 80's looking. I never really thought about it before but I guess I could see what they mean. Having it be more of a trend and not lasting for years to come is what worries me. I am definitely a classic girl when it comes to Chanel bags. I actually ordered the Envelope from Neimans tonight. They have to send it from back East so I should receive it in like 5 days and then I will make my decision between the two :biggrin:

5. I love the timeless. It's on my wishlist! :biggrin:

6. Both are on my wishlist :graucho: but i voted for half moon!

7. I prefer the timeless envelope because I like my purses more boxy. It really depends on personal preference.

8. I would like to have a half moon! So cute~

9. Timeless

10. Timeless envelope WOC GH. Out of all of my WOC I beleve this one is the most versatile and practical for daily use. I use it daily!!!!!

11. I do love the 80's! But I would get the Timeless envelope just for the pocket on the back alone. I tend to always lose my access card for work and that pocket comes in handy.

12. The envelope for me as well. I actually prefer the classic neat look, so although the half moon fits in more, but I may have the tendency to over stuff it versus the envelope which does not allow such flexibility. If I do get another WOC, the envelope is also high on my list.

13. I am waiting for a black WOC...I like it for the sole reason you can put small items in it..where as the envelope doesn't look like it can handle it...I view the WOC as a baby purse and the envelope as just a wallet..My only intention of using the halfmoon is for lipgloss, $$ and cell phone...just the things I need when going out at night in the summer at our marina..plus it is long strapped & will be 'out of the way'..somehow carrying all my cc's/bank cards/ id's on my hip doesn't seem that safe/practical for me...I prefer to keep those things in a 'real' wallet in my handbag!!! As for the 80's look this made me laugh...If I had anything LEFT from the 80's I'd take a pic and post it!!! Nooo....this bag isn't 80's lol...if it was I wouldn't have anything to do with it either!! Soooooo glad that decade is OVER!!!! Man...some of the things we wore and thought we looked good in!! ACK ACK and DOUBLE ACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. I prefer the half moon - don't really like the "feel" of the timeless envelope - I feel like it's a more mature style?

15. Timeless envelope. It just seems more... classy?