woah- NELLY FURTADO

I don't think so. I saw Nelly in an interview once after an awards program where some British journalist inquired about her 'weight gain'. I think the person asked her if she was pregnant as well. Nelly responded by breaking into a 'rap' about how women can be so mean to one another when it comes to this weight issue. She handled it quite well...and the journalist looked like an idiot..even the other journalist in the room were laughing at her and clapping for Nelly.

She simply stated that she's a woman and she gains and loses weight like most of us (she's still very thin IMO..I didn't see the weight gain). She said that she's had a baby and her body is curvier..so what? Great response Nelly!

I wish I could remember where I saw that interview or when....I know it was a while ago...perhaps last year or the year before. I'm not sure about her condition today....

yeah that's what I was thinking, shoot after kids you bounce around so much. And also in this video she makes a comment about how she liked her abs in the promiscous video and I do have to admit that she does look a little prego which is why I asked.

nelly_furtado2.jpg

Grammy winner Nelly Furtado is engaged to sound engineer Demacio "Demo" Castellon, who worked on her hit 2006 album Loose, PEOPLE confirms.

Their close friend, music producer Timbaland, gave a one-word reply when asked if the engagement was true: "Yes."

The British Columbia-born Furtado, 28, told Blender in July 2006 she had a "secret boyfriend" of eight months, adding: "I just don't really talk about it. It's nobody famous or anything."

Furtado has a daughter, Nevis, 3, with her ex-boyfriend, DJ and producer Jasper "Lil' Jaz" Gahunia. She and Gahunia split in 2005 after four years together, but Furtado told Blender: "We're fully active co-parents and really close friends."

Asked why the two had never married, Furtado said, "I'm kind of modern. I don't really live by society's standards. Maybe in the next five years I'll get married, have more kids. One grandmother had eight kids, the other had 10. If I have that many kids, then I would need a hubby."

Furtado, who speaks Spanish and Portuguese and is currently recording her first Latin album, pulled off a clean sweep of Canada's Juno music awards in April. Nominated in five categories, she won every one – including album of the year.

The engagement was first reported by Perezhilton.com.