WOAH! Let-trade has Hermes!!!!

This is interesting- I do not know the answer, but be careful what you all say about it being fake etc unless you are 100% completely without a doubt sure. Let-trade is a very reputable re-seller, and we should all make sure we know something beyond certain before saying so :yes: (this is a legality issue)

My sentiments exactly, Meg. I have purchased from Let-Trade before and it bothered me that some members thought the bag might be fake; I wanted someone to confirm the bag's authenticity. In spite of others not seeing the question mark in my thread title, I really wasn't accusing one of my favorite sellers of wrongdoing.

While I applaud your initiative, going to the source doesn't always yield answers, which is why I asked other members in the LV forum if they might be able to verify if the Hermes was authentic. The Hermes members don't have experience with Let-Trade, but the LV members do (myself included); thus, they would have more of a stake in finding out the truth. I was hoping someone like hlfinn would know if not first hand, then someone who is more familiar with Hermes. I KNOW that Let-Trade is familiar with LV, but Hermes...well, as he states, "we would love to know more."

I understand where you are coming from as I have and will continue to do business with Let-Trade on LV purchases which is why I felt going to the source in this case would yield answers it may not be a definitive one but at least they were able to respond to any concerns.

I also can't see that Let-trade would want to ruin their stellar reputation over 1 fake bag!!

I'm sure they wouldn't and since they're resellers and this is not their usual brand to resell it is very possible that they had no idea what bag they were buying. no one is perfect and things slip. i don't think their reuptation would be damaged by this at all and hopefully it will make them more careful when picking things for resale and help them gain knowledge into another brand, kwim?

I can not comment whether or not the bag is real, but I do know some people can buy fakes totally by accident from a diff re-seller etc.

Everyone's comments are fine- I just tread carefully on these issues because we all need to watch what we say. Freedom of speech is there but there is libel, defamation, etc :yes:

The S on the Hermes stamp is correct.

I am a complete novice when it comes to authenticating Hermes, but just to add on to this, I also noticed the "oversized S" on bags that are from TPF-approved sellers.

For example, if you go to http://www.luxury-shops.com/_img/upload_zurich/4700.jpg (click on the image to supersize it) it seems that the S also appears bigger on this bag as well. So, perhaps, the texture of the leather has something to do with how the stamp comes out? :confused1:

Anyway, I'm just totally confused but more certain than ever that the only way to guarantee you're not getting a fake is to get it from the store. It seems only reasonable that a few superfakes get into consignment stores. If stores won't authenticate, how can resellers be 100% certain of what they are selling?

Cheers and authentic bags for all in the new year!

(Also posted to thread in LV forum)

Let-Trade has responded in the LV forum:
Hi everyone. Good news! we are finally able to logon into purseforum now.

We do miss you all while we can't login purseforum. And thanks god that we are finally back.
wink.gif

We would like to give a special thanks to "amamxr" &
"ch3rryb3rry" that they helped us to pass along the message.

Thanks for the picture from "twinkle.tink" and we just re-took a picture from the hermes kelly that we have on hand and here is it (a much larger logo version). And we have already remove the listing from website until we got more information about "hermes". Thanks.

attachment.php

They are from hong kong. Theres a lot of VGL going on over there with some super fakes. I think the might have gotten it from someone who advertised it as togo. Its a very good super fake, but not the best super fake out there. The stitching on the bottom of the bag is for sure off from any authentic kelly's Ive handled in person. One of the best super fakes available in china.

Let_Trade is super knowledgeable about LV, I am impressed they would even dive into Hermes... it takes a big leap of faith sometimes to walk outside our triangle of expertise, so I give them credit for being responsible about the whole thing :yes: