Witnessed someone stealing from LV!!

Yikes! Can't imagine anyone running into a highend designer store and trying to grab stuff! :hysteric:

That aside - I never knew Raffles Hotel had an LV boutique! I always thought there was only one in Taka... are the SA's there nicer? :idea:

There's one at Hilton Hotel too at Orchard Rd.... the SAs there are nicer (esp this lady called Jenny??) Its quiter so you browse in peace :wlae:
I cant help but wonder abt this gerl who stole the LV... I wonder what happened to her now.:shrugs:

OMG! Really? Hmmmm...this must be the display to the immediate right of the auto door right?
Yeah LV at Raffles & Hilton Hotel has no security officers...the flagship at Takasihimaya SC has though...
Oh gosh...wat a crazy gerl....& ya know Spore law doesn't take too lightly on this....

For her sake I hope she's under-21 or she'll be seeing the inside of a cell for a long long time!

Wow - suddenly I'm seeing soo many Singaporeans around! :P

There's one at Hilton Hotel too at Orchard Rd.... the SAs there are nicer (esp this lady called Jenny??) Its quiter so you browse in peace :wlae:
I cant help but wonder abt this gerl who stole the LV... I wonder what happened to her now.:shrugs:

Thanks for the tip!
Now I really will stop shopping at the Taka boutique. The service there drives me absolutely nuts! (and I don't mean in a good way!)

First of all, WOW!!!!!!!! It must be soooo embarassing for the girl, or at least for sane people, it'll be really awkward. Since this girl must be already crazy, I guess she doesn't care about her reputation! That SA must've been the hero of the day! haha

that's awful!

but on a semi-related note.. I hate when the security guards are all up over you.. there's this one guy at the Toronto LV boutique who freakin follows me everytime I go in, and this has been happening for the past 1.5 years! The one time he DIDN'T follow me was when I was carrying a shopping bag from Chanel (I bought cologne) and he was actually nice and said hi and opened the door for me. He literally was right behind everywhere I went.. one time I sneaked up to the second floor and he came running after me. :wtf::cursing::hysteric::confused1:

I'm a straight A student, never shoplifted in my life, never even got called down to the principal's office. It's all because of my demographic.. 16 year old male. (and this isn't an isolated incident.. i get this kinda treatment at many stores.) :crybaby:

2nd of all, BoyAboutTown, I totally get you. I'm 19 now and look like a 12 yr old girl in real life (yes, i'm short lol 5'2), and I remember a while back, people would treat me like that too in stores. Always giving you the "eye" and making sure that you're within their field of vision (or rather, supervision). I think the first adult who actually treated me with respect was at this Lancome counter. The old lady was sooooooo nice and she gave me free samples even though I didn't buy anything. The next day, I bought down the counter lol. I think it's important to treat customers with respect. Some may be young, but it doesn't mean that they can't pay. I understand that if you go to a small depanneur, ya sure, the owner's gonna be looking down at you, but at luxury boutiques it's different. I was just talking to my SA a few days ago and she said that actually most Louis Vuitton buyers in our local store are Chinese youngsters in their 20s, studying overseas, they use the Chinese bank card, and their parents pay for them in China. She was also saying that these kids are really rich, cuz they just point to several bags (can't speak English), nod, and say "I buy"... I was like... WOW! I wish my parents would buy me stuff too!

Very dramatic! I can't believe this actually happened in real life. When I read the title of the thread I thought maybe someone stole something tiny- like hair cubes or something they could slip up their sleeve. Not grabbing a purse and running out the door!!

pyrexia~ yup the SAs at raffles hotel are not bad :smile: some are better than others, but def better than the ones at taka :P

shopaholic isis~ omg! u cld hv been there! haha, it happened at around 1.20 p.m.

listrikmu~ yes yes!!! those displays - just as you enter the auto door, on the right!!

ellewoods~ exactly!!!! i was just so shocked it happened in the first place!!!

:wtf: :wtf: Just had to share this with you guys!

I was in the store yesterday afternoon over lunch looking at a couple of items and chatting with the SA. There were only 2 SAs in the store, and both were engrossed with serving customers. One of the SA was showing me the agendas, while the other was showing a gentleman some watches from the display, with her back to the entrance.

Suddenly, I heard the other SA shouting "STOP STOP STOP!!!!!!!!!!!" and she dashed out of the store. I then realised that someone had darted into the store while no one was watching and grabbed a denim baggy off the display near the entrance!! (store's door is activated by sensor, which opens and closes automatically)

They managed to catch the girl and recovered the bag and detained her. All she could say when she was brought into the store was 'sorry' repeatedly. And then suddenly the store was swarmed with security ppl. :wtf:

OMG. That was too much drama at the LV store for me to handle. Am so traumatised!!! :s
wow..she must've really wanted it...I can't believe she got caught !Considering the heist at the Tiffany's months back.

Oh my :wtf:! That IS desperate! I wonder what if the store was more crowded and with no guards in place?! I'm sure LV will be stepping up on security at these stores more now...

Hahah.. Fendi at SCP.. Need I bring it up again? They have Security on you. Literally. I don't swing that way but still, they are on you.

LV at SCP has multiple security...I'd like to see a girl try to get away with that there. They won't even let people take in drinks!!!

Glad that you are ok and that she didn't pull a gun or something..

Hahah.. Fendi at SCP.. They have Security on you. Literally.

LV at SCP has multiple security...I'd like to see a girl try to get away with that there. They won't even let people take in drinks!!!

There are no security guards at the Houston Fendi... how weird.

The SCP LV doesn't have a place that holds your drinks? I thought all LV's did... :shrugs: