With Uggs starting to come back has anyone here started to wear them again?

Have you been wearing Uggs?

• Total voters
I really hated them when the original style was at its most popular. Just not flattering on anyone IMO. I never considered buying any then, and I still dislike them. But a couple of years ago I tried on some heavy waxed leather boots with side buckles, a thick rubber sole and sheepskin lining (they look like biker boots) and was surprised to find they were Uggs (you wouldn’t know without looking at the sole). I love them, they’re amazingly grippy in the wet and super warm and cosy! I wear them with socks though, lol ;) So my one and only pair of Uggs....don’t look like Uggs :lol:

I really hated them when the original style was at its most popular. Just not flattering on anyone IMO. I never considered buying any then, and I still dislike them. But a couple of years ago I tried on some heavy waxed leather boots with side buckles, a thick rubber sole and sheepskin lining (they look like biker boots) and was surprised to find they were Uggs (you wouldn’t know without looking at the sole). I love them, they’re amazingly grippy in the wet and super warm and cosy! I wear them with socks though, lol ;) So my one and only pair of Uggs....don’t look like Uggs :lol:
Those sound cute :smile: Have you ever tried them without socks? if they are fur lined it is so comfy without..

My ultimate talls are a size big so I always wear socks with, sometimes with the bailey triplet and classic tall, never with my classic cardy, and never with the Locarno boots as they're my snuggest.

I didn't understand them at first but they were love at first wear!

Their popularity faded years ago in part because the quality took a major dive. Uggs switched manufacturing from Australia to China and the boots were never the same.
That's really not true. only a few styles were ever made in Australia beyond 2002. The classic style that most people bought stopped at that point because the volume of them were to high to make them cost effectively in Australia. The drop in quality that people picked up on was the switch to natural dyes which made them not be as soft and to using UGGPURE (fake sheepskin) in some parts of the boots to be more environmentally friendly and it was supposed to be more durable. The problem with it was it didn't quite feel as nice. They kept trying to improve the UGGPURE but in 2016-2017 they decided to switch back to real sheepskin in all their classic styles of boots and they got a much better natural dye. I remember when I got my first pair that was after they changed back and it was night and day.

This happened around 2010 so you are right i am sure this had an effect. I remember when it happened and now that i think about that was a reason I reduced my wearing. The Uggs that are sold today are back to the same feel as the first pair I ever had. They still use UGGPURE in the parts of styles that they could not make a part of the design out of real sheepskin. The UGGPURE today is 95% as good feeling as real sheepskin so it is much better than having nothing in those styles.

Oh no, that’s not happening :lol: Socks all the way!
So you have never even slipped them on without socks for 1 minute just to see how it would feel? If you wear socks because you think it will ruin them if you go without its really the opposite they will last longer without. It seems crazy but its because sheepskin has special property's that makes this possible. Its why Ugg recommends them without socks.
The properties are
1. Sheepskin when against bare skin naturally regulates body temperature. This means your feet will stay a stable comfortable temperature from -30F even as high 80F. This is how sheep don't overheat.
2. If you are wearing them in a hot room or doing something very physical and your feet do sweat they will still not smell because each hair is made to wick away any moisture then because sheepskin is very breathable even though it doesn't seem to be it will evaporate. If there is any left then sheep skin is also antimicrobial so the bacteria that produces smell has a hard time surviving. So even if all that fails and you wear them for two weeks straight all you have to do is give them a two day break and they will be good as new.
Both of these things can’t work if you wear socks. So, when worn with socks they will either be to hot and sweat or in really cold weather cause the boots to not be anywhere near as warm because it prevents the insulating properties from working. I have proof that this all works because mine, my friends and my daughters Uggs don't smell after Years of wearing them without socks.
other closed toe shoes you 100% should wear socks because they will 100% smell without but Uggs are one of those weird exceptions to a rule that we all get to enjoy the comfort of. Personally I love the feel of the soft fur between my toes.

You should have an open mind and give it a chance you might really like how it feels. It is possible that sheepskin just irritates your skin and i feel sorry for those people.

I don't have any UGG but would definitely consider a pair! I got a pair of dupe scuff slippers this year, make of genuine sheepskin and suede though, and I love them so much. I actually tried on a pair of UGG slippers today but I didn't like them as much as my dupe because the sole was too thin and not as comfortable, but I think UGG does make a style like my dupe with the thicker sole. I would not buy UGG faux sheepskin unless I just loved the style and it was really cheap, I've had other faux sheepskin and it mats too easily and doesn't feel as nice. I actually didn't even know UGG made items with faux sheepskin, I've seen their Koolaburra line (which isn't that much cheaper than UGG) and I knew that's faux sheepskin. I like the boot styles with the bows or the sweater with buttons look. I'd be fine with a dupe too if it had real sheepskin. I'm definitely one of those people peering into the shoe's label trying to figure out what it's made out of.

I don't have any UGG but would definitely consider a pair! I got a pair of dupe scuff slippers this year, make of genuine sheepskin and suede though, and I love them so much. I actually tried on a pair of UGG slippers today but I didn't like them as much as my dupe because the sole was too thin and not as comfortable, but I think UGG does make a style like my dupe with the thicker sole. I would not buy UGG faux sheepskin unless I just loved the style and it was really cheap, I've had other faux sheepskin and it mats too easily and doesn't feel as nice. I actually didn't even know UGG made items with faux sheepskin, I've seen their Koolaburra line (which isn't that much cheaper than UGG) and I knew that's faux sheepskin. I like the boot styles with the bows or the sweater with buttons look. I'd be fine with a dupe too if it had real sheepskin. I'm definitely one of those people peering into the shoe's label trying to figure out what it's made out of.
You can tell the boots that have their Fuax sheepskin because it will say it uses UGGPURE. Any style that is based on the classic boots weather it has a button or a bow is 100% real sheepskin again and feels amazing. UGGPURE is the best fake fur there is because it is real wool combined with real sheep leather so if you didn't know you would think its just slightly lower grade real fur because its just a little less soft. It also lasts a long time and doesn't start to smell like other fake fur.
The Uggs that do use it only use it where they have to because real sheepskin cant be made to keep a shape or somthing.

I buy a pair every year for comfort and warmth during the colder months of the year. I used to be in the they are ugly camp until I tried them on. They are not the best looking shoe but I appreciate the cosy feel of them. I wouldn't wear them without socks though.

So you have never even slipped them on without socks for 1 minute just to see how it would feel? If you wear socks because you think it will ruin them if you go without its really the opposite they will last longer without. It seems crazy but its because sheepskin has special property's that makes this possible. Its why Ugg recommends them without socks.
The properties are
1. Sheepskin when against bare skin naturally regulates body temperature. This means your feet will stay a stable comfortable temperature from -30F even as high 80F. This is how sheep don't overheat.
2. If you are wearing them in a hot room or doing something very physical and your feet do sweat they will still not smell because each hair is made to wick away any moisture then because sheepskin is very breathable even though it doesn't seem to be it will evaporate. If there is any left then sheep skin is also antimicrobial so the bacteria that produces smell has a hard time surviving. So even if all that fails and you wear them for two weeks straight all you have to do is give them a two day break and they will be good as new.
Both of these things can’t work if you wear socks. So, when worn with socks they will either be to hot and sweat or in really cold weather cause the boots to not be anywhere near as warm because it prevents the insulating properties from working. I have proof that this all works because mine, my friends and my daughters Uggs don't smell after Years of wearing them without socks.
other closed toe shoes you 100% should wear socks because they will 100% smell without but Uggs are one of those weird exceptions to a rule that we all get to enjoy the comfort of. Personally I love the feel of the soft fur between my toes.

You should have an open mind and give it a chance you might really like how it feels. It is possible that sheepskin just irritates your skin and i feel sorry for those people.
My Ugg boots are waxed leather and waterproof. Although lined with sheepskin, they’re a structured boot with a rigid heel and formed toe. They don’t look anything like regular Uggs. I’m not with you on the bare foot thing - although you seem to feel very strongly about it - we each have our own preferences and experience. You do you etc etc.

Reactions: snibor
I buy a pair every year for comfort and warmth during the colder months of the year. I used to be in the they are ugly camp until I tried them on. They are not the best looking shoe but I appreciate the cosy feel of them. I wouldn't wear them without socks though.
Why do you feel that way about wearing them without sock?

I attend very early morning classes at the gym —— 5 am spin and Pilates reformer so I wear my plain denim uggs. I use my riding shoes for spin and Pilates is barefoot so it’s convenient. I get teased by my gym buddies though, they always say is it below 40’ s yet for at! So basically, it’s a gym going early morning shoes now.

I have about 8 pairs of UGGS...have never worn socks. The Bailey Button are my favorite, 2 pair of black, chestnut and pink. Just bought a pair of Ansley slippers in grey. You can take the bottom insole out and wash in Woolite to clean and fluff. I wear my UGGs all winter long with leggings...my uniform. I'm old, I want comfort and warmth!

Reactions: SatinDoll
I currently own two pair. One is the tall Bailey Button, and the other pair is a workhorse who's name I can't recall. I wear them both sockless. Their comfort and warmth are unmatched!