With price increase coming what are you going to buy?

The perlee variation ring in white gold. I really wanted the sweet carnelian earrings (which I did eventually get), but for some inexplicable reason I went with the ring instead. I've only worn it once, and it is beautiful, but I just don't get any use out of it. :-s
Sorry to heart that. Have you tried stacking it with other rings?

Sorry to heart that. Have you tried stacking it with other rings?
I have, and it's very pretty. I think the problem is that I'm afraid it would constantly get banged around at work (with the mouse, etc.) and so I'm afraid to wear it? I bought it to make a "set" - I have the Tiffany silver ball stud earrings, bracelet and necklace, but I don't often wear those either (the bracelet especially, for the same reason!) lol. I think the smaller size would have been better, or even a Lagos silver ring that is similar - would have been much less expensive, given me the same look, and I wouldn't worry about scratching it up. Ah well. :smile:

I have, and it's very pretty. I think the problem is that I'm afraid it would constantly get banged around at work (with the mouse, etc.) and so I'm afraid to wear it? I bought it to make a "set" - I have the Tiffany silver ball stud earrings, bracelet and necklace, but I don't often wear those either (the bracelet especially, for the same reason!) lol. I think the smaller size would have been better, or even a Lagos silver ring that is similar - would have been much less expensive, given me the same look, and I wouldn't worry about scratching it up. Ah well. :smile:
I think scratches and little bumps here and there on jewelry, add character. But that's just me. If I died today, all the pristine pieces sitting in my closet would have no value...the reason, I use and abuse everything I own to the max. Tomorrow is not promised.

I think scratches and little bumps here and there on jewelry, add character. But that's just me. If I died today, all the pristine pieces sitting in my closet would have no value...the reason, I use and abuse everything I own to the max. Tomorrow is not promised.
Good point. :smile: And it's funny because this is how I feel about my H fashion jewelry. I wonder why it's somehow different for this? You are inspiring me to try again. :flowers:

Reactions: Rami00
I'm considering the small yg frivoles or vintage yg mop earrings...already have the sweet/mini versions and trying to justify a larger size. [emoji848]

I really think that the mini version of the frivole earrings has a different vibe from the small frivole; the latter is considerably dressier and makes more of a statement. Perhaps trying them both on at the boutique will give you a better idea?

Last edited:
Now that I have confirmation of the price increase on Sep 28 here in Canada, I too am trying to decide what to purchase. I have fallen in love with my pave lotus earrings all over again - there was a time I just wasn't sure about them anymore, and now feel I want to enjoy them before purchasing another pave earring.

I have decided on the following:
6 motif sweet pave bracelet OR
5 motif PG or YG vintage alhambra bracelet.

Looking for a simple almost low maintenance bracelet that I can enjoy. I currently own the WG MOP 5 motif bracelet so I think the 6 motif sweet pave would layer beautifully. No more bracelets with semi precious stones for me, I hate worrying about damaging them around oils/soaps/water.

Now that I have confirmation of the price increase on Sep 28 here in Canada, I too am trying to decide what to purchase. I have fallen in love with my pave lotus earrings all over again - there was a time I just wasn't sure about them anymore, and now feel I want to enjoy them before purchasing another pave earring.

I have decided on the following:
6 motif sweet pave bracelet OR
5 motif PG or YG vintage alhambra bracelet.

Looking for a simple almost low maintenance bracelet that I can enjoy. I currently own the WG MOP 5 motif bracelet so I think the 6 motif sweet pave would layer beautifully. No more bracelets with semi precious stones for me, I hate worrying about damaging them around oils/soaps/water.

I have the sweet 6 motif pg bracelet. While I do love it, if given the chance I think I'd pay the little extra and get the 5 motif vintage bracelet instead. It's subtle while still having an impact.

Reactions: Coconuts40
I have the sweet 6 motif pg bracelet. While I do love it, if given the chance I think I'd pay the little extra and get the 5 motif vintage bracelet instead. It's subtle while still having an impact.

Awww, I hope you do still enjoy your 6 motif PG it because it is so very pretty!!

Yes if I go for the PG/YG it will be 5 motif. If I go for pave, it will be the 6 motif. Oh decisions, decisions.
I do hope you get the frivole earrings - I think they are just so beautiful!!!!

Awww, I hope you do still enjoy your 6 motif PG it because it is so very pretty!!

Yes if I go for the PG/YG it will be 5 motif. If I go for pave, it will be the 6 motif. Oh decisions, decisions.
I do hope you get the frivole earrings - I think they are just so beautiful!!!!

I absolutely still love my sweets bracelet Coconuts40, so kind of you to ask! Ooooh...pave sweets..that's a tough one. I have the pave sweet earrings and wear them in place of my diamond studs most days. Pave sweets are gorgeous. Such a wonderful dilemma! Pls keep us posted on your decision/thoughts!

Reactions: Coconuts40
Slow and steady wins the race...except for all the darn price increases! Still, best to be sure about what you want. My very first VCA purchase turned out to be one that I regret. Thankfully, since then I have been very happy with my other VCA purchases. :smile:

I have a similar experience but have been happy with all other purchases after. I was holding off til I find out the 50th Anniv LE but I am reconsidering now.

seems I will also be at Birks over the weekend and may cross paths with the lovely Canadians here.

I have a similar experience but have been happy with all other purchases after. I was holding off til I find out the 50th Anniv LE but I am reconsidering now.

seems I will also be at Birks over the weekend and may cross paths with the lovely Canadians here.
Same here... I wanted to hold off but now I'm not sure :S

I absolutely still love my sweets bracelet Coconuts40, so kind of you to ask! Ooooh...pave sweets..that's a tough one. I have the pave sweet earrings and wear them in place of my diamond studs most days. Pave sweets are gorgeous. Such a wonderful dilemma! Pls keep us posted on your decision/thoughts!
The wg pave sweets are so sparkly and versatile.
I feel that they are a great value for what you get.
That iconic quadrafoil shape with diamonds.

Reactions: lasttotheparty