With price increase coming what are you going to buy?

So I got my malachite earrings, and to be honest, I was disappointed at first. Contacted SA here in Singapore, but they can't exchange...
Then started to play with them and took couple of pics and I think on the ears they actually look nice. What do you think?
View attachment 3838878View attachment 3838879
Had to get on my laptop to send a pic via PM but seeing these on a larger screen, they are amazing :loveeyes:

Reactions: expatwife
I think they look lovely! I have seen them on others and think the malachite earrings are stunning. Of course it's a lot of money not to love them so I hope you do. Makes for a really day or night piece.

These earrings actually look good on you.

Perfection!!
Truly!!
Keep!!

Had to get on my laptop to send a pic via PM but seeing these on a larger screen, they are amazing :loveeyes:

Thank you dear ladies for the reassurance. Doubt is a terrible feeling, but I'm over it now, thanks to all of you. It helps that my mom loves them too [emoji7].

So what's next on the list???? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Thank you dear ladies for the reassurance. Doubt is a terrible feeling, but I'm over it now, thanks to all of you. It helps that my mom loves them too [emoji7].

So what's next on the list???? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
J, I always seek opinions from my father and a dear TPFer (she knows who she is) [emoji1414]

Once Mum likes them, you know your hubby has chosen well :tup:

We now have to be very good and wait (im)patiently for word on the 50th.

So I got my malachite earrings, and to be honest, I was disappointed at first. Contacted SA here in Singapore, but they can't exchange...
Then started to play with them and took couple of pics and I think on the ears they actually look nice. What do you think?
View attachment 3838878View attachment 3838879

I agree with the many members who have commented before me -- the earrings are lovely on you.

The malachite is beautiful and the size really shows off the beauty of the malachite. Congratulations!!

Enjoying the conversation about thoughtful consumerism. I'm a good bit older than most of you and wish I'd adopted the mindset years ago. For the last 10 or so years, I've been in a constant state of refining my collections, either through resale or gifting. Am finally at a point where I'm no longer "on the hunt." If something brings me joy, it's a keeper, if not, out it goes. When tempted on a whim, I consider where the money could better be used, and usually make a contribution to charities that are meaningful to me.

J, I always seek opinions from my father and a dear TPFer (she knows who she is) [emoji1414]

Once Mum likes them, you know your hubby has chosen well :tup:

We now have to be very good and wait (im)patiently for word on the 50th.

Yes, we all have those special people whose opinion matters the most [emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

I agree with the many members who have commented before me -- the earrings are lovely on you.

The malachite is beautiful and the size really shows off the beauty of the malachite. Congratulations!!

Thank you so much sbelle!

I think they're beautiful on you!

Thank you dear BBC!

Reactions: BBC
Enjoying the conversation about thoughtful consumerism. I'm a good bit older than most of you and wish I'd adopted the mindset years ago. For the last 10 or so years, I've been in a constant state of refining my collections, either through resale or gifting. Am finally at a point where I'm no longer "on the hunt." If something brings me joy, it's a keeper, if not, out it goes. When tempted on a whim, I consider where the money could better be used, and usually make a contribution to charities that are meaningful to me.

I didn't want to comment before about charities but with all the devastation in the world from hurricanes to earthquakes, my conscience kicks so hard that my first world problems fall by the wayside.

I am not saying that I still don't derive some pleasure from my purchases, it's just that moving forward I am more "deliberate" and selective in my purchases.

@Cavalier Girl thank you so much.
@Cavalier Girl @HADASSA Having only few pieces become your signature style. I was talking to one of the tper and said ... I would like to be that old aunt who had/has shiny flower looking earrings that my nephew/niece saw me wear since they were 5 yr old :P
I have read so many pathetic stories about big charity frauds like Salvation Army, Red Cross .... that I prefer to get involve and see where money is going. I understand people don't have time but that's life I guess...