With limited offers do you find it hard to stick to a wishlist?

Oct 7, 2015
I’m new to Hermès and wondering with such limited offers how do you guys stick to your wishlist? I feel tortured at the thought of turning down a bag I like to wait on my HG that may never show or buying the bag I like and then my HG arrives and I’ve reached my quota so I’m looking for advice from you guys as I know I can’t be the only one in this future predicament

It is hard but for me, I don’t have the budget to make mistakes so if there’s something I really want I’ll say no to anything that isn’t just right. I made some mistakes early on and accepted a Kelly Cut and a mini C bc I got caught up in the excitement. The C I sold at a loss bc the size didn’t work for me. The Kelly cut I’ll keep but a slightly different color would have worked better for my wardrobe. These costly mistakes taught me not to settle. My resolve was really put to the test when my SA called to offer me my HG bag a Raisin Box B30 but in PHW not GHW. This bag these days is so completely rare that I may never get offered the one in GHW but I felt ok turning it down bc I knew I wouldn’t be happy with PHW on this color. Sometimes hardware color doesn’t matter to me but sometimes it does.
You just need to really know what you’re willing to accept and what truly works for you. There will always be other offers if you turn something down.....as long as you’re pleasant while doing it.

I think clearly defining what you can and can’t be flexible on is key. If you have a HG and nothing else will do, stick to your guns. If you want a color/hardware, but would compromise on size, make sure your SA knows that. Just make sure YOU know what you want. Like others said, it’s easy to get caught up in the moment and take something you know won’t fill your desire. I always ask myself, “if I take this bag, will I be staring at pictures of the bag I actually want all day and telling my SA to keep looking for The One? Or will I be smitten and not want anything else ever (aka 6 months).”

I really wanted a b30 noir Togo with ghw, and I was offered a b30 noir epsom with shw and declined- I thought after I missed my chance to ever get my dream combo and maybe I should’ve settled. A few weeks later I got a call and got offered my holy grail. Never settle. Patience is key with hermes although we all want the instant satisfaction. Good luck [emoji177]

I actually don't find this difficult at all. At this point, my store knows my wish list and will add what I'm looking for to the stores buy. When something comes in that's not my specs, they won't call me. When what I want comes in, they'll let me know. It saves them from calling me for things I'll say no to, and from me having to decline offers as well. Win win on both ends!

Granted this has been years in the making, but stay strong and stick to your list. If you're up front about your specifications, that's ok.

This is the ONLY time I would ever say the Raisin Box in 30 may never turn up again, with GHW instead. Only because I know how little of this colour leather there is at the moment. Normally I am totally for holding out for your perfect bag. As the hardware in this case is a deal breaker for you then may I say admire your strength and wish you the best luck.

Last edited:
I think you need to know what's a deal breaker for you - not in what you would settle for, as you should never settle - but in terms of how much you'll love the piece. For instance, I too have a strong hardware preference (for PHW) and have turned down many GHW bags, but I accepted my Kelly 25 in Barenia with GHW because I knew in a K25 the hardware is small and also it differentiated the bag even more from my Gold K28.
Now, if I had thought I'd look at the bag every day and wish it were PHW, I would not have bought it.
I turned down a dreamy Raisin K32 for being GHW because I know it would have bothered me, even slightly.

The other option is to take what is offered til the HG shows up, but you will then eventually be left with bags you either have to rehome at a big loss, or, if your funds are unlimited, bags you simply don't wear.

This is the ONLY time I would ever say the Raisin Box in 30 may never turn up again, with GHW instead. Only because I know how little of this colour leather there is at the moment. Normally I am totally for holding out for your perfect bag. As the hardware in this case is a deal breaker for you then may I say admire your strength and wish you the best luck.
Thank you. I did end up buying a preloved K32 in excellent condition with GHW. I Am happy with this compromise but I had to have the GHW. If a B30 every shows up, new or preloved, I may just need to have the set.