With Hermes, Never say never....

dotmike

Sep 18, 2019
1 Birkin is all I will ever need. I will use that Birkin every single day. Neutrals only. Kelly sellier is not for me. Gold hardware is too mature for me. Picotin is not my style.

^ all in the past.... I don’t recognize myself these days ‍♀

Rockerchic

O.G.
Jun 9, 2006
Well I was never interested in the bolide and then I purchased a LV Alma BB and it quickly became my grab and go bag. Since the shape is similar, I started to get interested in the bolide. I thought I'd check out a mini as I thought they were about the same size. Obviously I didn't compare the measurements and boy was I wrong!!
The SA pulled out a mini and it was so adorable but soooo tiny!! Then she suggested a 27 with crossbody strap and it was love at first sight. It is now definitely on my list...just need to find the right combo of leather and color....

30th anniversary cuff
O.G.
Aug 31, 2008
Well I was never interested in the bolide and then I purchased a LV Alma BB and it quickly became my grab and go bag. Since the shape is similar, I started to get interested in the bolide. I thought I'd check out a mini as I thought they were about the same size. Obviously I didn't compare the measurements and boy was I wrong!!
The SA pulled out a mini and it was so adorable but soooo tiny!! Then she suggested a 27 with crossbody strap and it was love at first sight. It is now definitely on my list...just need to find the right combo of leather and color....
The equivalent of an so black bolide with your Moto jacket. I once had a wvercalf black troika bolide, phw that I got at H sale private sale that would have been perfect for you. Am kicking myself for letting rhata one go :smile:

surfchick

May 6, 2014
I have a 27 and use it when I travel (ahh the good old days).

Rockerchic

O.G.
Jun 9, 2006
The equivalent of an so black bolide with your Moto jacket. I once had a wvercalf black troika bolide, phw that I got at H sale private sale that would have been perfect for you. Am kicking myself for letting rhata one go :smile:
Oh that sounds soooo perfect!!

I feel you... sometimes you don't know what you've got til it's gone! Been there....

Rockerchic

O.G.
Jun 9, 2006
I am coming full circle!!
Was always a die hard birkin fan but (and I can't believe I am saying this) but I am so enjoying my Kelly. I think I like it more than my Birkins!
Also always tended toward a big bag...but now I prefer my 30 birkins and 28 Kelly. I am dying to try a Kelly 25 and perhaps even in a fun color. (gasp)

DiamondS

Hermès collector
O.G.
Oct 2, 2007
Europe
Fun thread!

In my younger years I really only wanted bags with phw, nowadays suddenly more into gold..
Used to carry mostly B’s, nowadays prefer less recognizable models..
For about 8-10 years I used to be 100% committed to H only, during the last years I have rekindled a relationship with Chanel, LV and Fendi too..
There was a day that I didn’t find ”any” H items completely ridiculously over priced, today
I know what in my opinion is worth the splurge and what is just not really worth investing into as you can find similar or even nicer things with half the price somewhere else..
Used to boldly carry all colors, now it’s pretty much just black, gold or dark blue..

Kitty S.

Bags & Sciences
Dec 21, 2012
I thought Constance was too loud and showy for me, now I have two, and along with Evie TPM, they are about the only bags (hands free and light) I wear during this pandemic... :doh: (C24 has the best strap design that allows me to hand carry, shoulder carry, or crossbody in any instance!)

Last edited:

Perja

Well & truly Plumed
O.G.
Feb 28, 2006
In an Orange box
Fun thread!

In my younger years I really only wanted bags with phw, nowadays suddenly more into gold..
Used to carry mostly B’s, nowadays prefer less recognizable models..
For about 8-10 years I used to be 100% committed to H only, during the last years I have rekindled a relationship with Chanel, LV and Fendi too..
There was a day that I didn’t find ”any” H items completely ridiculously over priced, today
I know what in my opinion is worth the splurge and what is just not really worth investing into as you can find similar or even nicer things with half the price somewhere else..
Used to boldly carry all colors, now it’s pretty much just black, gold or dark blue..
:wtf: Are you me?? This describes my journey to a T (or an H:giggle:)

chrixtabel

O.G.
Jun 25, 2009
Then: I'm not a Kelly girl. - I do want a Kelly 25 Retourne now
Then: I hate rose gold! - nope I recently got 2 bracelets in Rose Gold lol
Then: I don't need any black bag (I love colors) - erm... nope, I do want at least a Birkin and a Kelly that's black!
Then: Oh gosh Ostrich is disgusting! - It's really gorgeous, light and cute... my wish list!
Then: GHW looks old and "too vintage" for me... - got my mini Lindy in GHW ... soooooo elegant! love to bits i want my next BK with GHW!

I won't want any green bags (that including Hermes') - still feels the same, not sure when can someone/something convert me? lol

some "reversed"
Then, BK35 is perfect size for me and my heights. Now: gosh its so heavy I could cry. (tho i still love my first BK 35 Togo in bleu electrique!)