wishlist vs offer

A wish list does not constitute an order.
Although there is a vast range of colours and skins available, Hermes does not produce every size, in every colour, in every leather all the time. Production is adjusted by what is available.
Bearing in mind their clients wish lists and known tastes, alert SAs have to make offers according to what is available.
It seems unreasonable to make an issue when offers do not match wish lists.
There might be disappointment but there is no obbligation to buy.

A wish list does not constitute an order.
Although there is a vast range of colours and skins available, Hermes does not produce every size, in every colour, in every leather all the time. Production is adjusted by what is available.
Bearing in mind their clients wish lists and known tastes, alert SAs have to make offers according to what is available.
It seems unreasonable to make an issue when offers do not match wish lists.
There might be disappointment but there is no obbligation to buy.

Oh i know, this isn't a complaint thread, more curiosity :biggrin:

This may be a stupid question, but are you more likely to be offered a bag sooner if you are seeking a statement color?

I know because of the price, the logical choice is to want your first few bags to be neutral. With the state of my collection (and it’s growing, I don’t sell my bags), I feel like I have some wiggle room for something unexpected.

Or do they prefer to reserve colors for their VIPs?

A
This may be a stupid question, but are you more likely to be offered a bag sooner if you are seeking a statement color?

I know because of the price, the logical choice is to want your first few bags to be neutral. With the state of my collection (and it’s growing, I don’t sell my bags), I feel like I have some wiggle room for something unexpected.

Or do they prefer to reserve colors for their VIPs?
Ask for what you actually want. More people tend to want the neutrals but the stores also order more neutrals so it all evens out. Though I do think there is a slight chance to get luckier with a newly released seasonal color (not a reissued color) just because there won’t be 374289 wishlists with that color specified since it’s brand new. However, a seasonal color can satisfy existing wishlists (ie ask for blue hydra, but get brand new blue frida because it’s close enough) so there probably isn’t actually much advantage there.

A

Ask for what you actually want. More people tend to want the neutrals but the stores also order more neutrals so it all evens out. Though I do think there is a slight chance to get luckier with a newly released seasonal color (not a reissued color) just because there won’t be 374289 wishlists with that color specified since it’s brand new. However, a seasonal color can satisfy existing wishlists (ie ask for blue hydra, but get brand new blue frida because it’s close enough) so there probably isn’t actually much advantage there.

This is helpful. I am not desperate for a bag right now (currently remodeling, so I am throwing what would be H money for fancy storage to someday display my H) but I am trying to lay the groundwork to have options when I am ready to make a big handbag purchase. I think I would be most interested in whatever is the new seasonal color since I have neutrals – bags and clothing – to cover my bases. I went in wearing a beautiful bright pink Bottega, so maybe the SA picked up that I am not afraid of mixing in bold colors.

Is there a process for your wishlist or do you just chat with your SA about your preferences and they keep you in mind?

(I don't see building my purchase history as Birkin Bait, but rather training wheels for my husband to get him used to the idea of seeing orange shopping bags lol.)

seconding this! do you usually bring up starting a wishlist yourself with the SA or are they the ones to offer making one to you? thanks yall!!

If you shop regularly, this may come up very organically in conversation. For example, they may change their bag displays and you see something you really like. You try it on, and perhaps note this is something you'd love to have.

Sometimes your SA may ask you if there's anything else you like. They'll note your wish and when the timing, the account, the right bag aligns... your offer will come.

In terms of wishlist vs offer, often they may not be able to offer you the exact spec you desire especially if it is a super popular bag. Unless you are very very patient and your account is vip.