Wish my local LV store will sell display with darkened Patina

Luv Purses

Bag Addict
Jul 1, 2010
Just a thought.

I remember a year and a half ago when I walked in the store for a Speedy saw one on the shelf with the most beautiful honey colored patina. I begged and begged for the sale person to sell that piece to me instead but I ended walking out with a new one.

I wish the stores would let go of their displays. ;)

Really??! What the...... that's really strange. I was wondering about that. But then maybe I went up to the wrong person. I told this person it would be great if I can just have the one on display but refused. :sad: My Speedy developed a nice Patina. I hardly use it and mostly stored away. I really want a Saumur. Can't wait!

I've seen them sell the display, they tried to in one of the London stores but I'd seen women looking at it wanted a new one. I'd love them to sell ones with darkened patina though as they do look gorgeous :smile:

I buy display pieces every time I can. Remember, LV always puts out the best pieces they have as a display. They certainly don't display bags with issues. I always ask for display pieces. Love them.

My local Saks boutique rotates the display bags so even a bag in the drawer could have been a display bag at one time. My issue is with people handling the display bags, trying them on and placing their things inside. It's not good for a germophobe like me! :smile:

My local Saks boutique rotates the display bags so even a bag in the drawer could have been a display bag at one time. My issue is with people handling the display bags, trying them on and placing their things inside. It's not good for a germophobe like me! :smile:

Well - it's important to realize they don't wear gloves when making LV bags, the warehouse people don't always necessarily have clean hands, and they are made in many countries now (and heaven only knows about the hygiene habits of the assembly line/factory workers in all these places). I don't think being a display bag is going to add much to germs. I think it's very rare people actually take their things all of out their own purse with an SA standing there and people around and put them in a display bag. I think I've seen that happen maybe once in 5-6 years, and it was heavily frowned on by the SA.

charleston-mom said:
Well - it's important to realize they don't wear gloves when making LV bags, the warehouse people don't always necessarily have clean hands, and they are made in many countries now (and heaven only knows about the hygiene habits of the assembly line/factory workers in all these places). I don't think being a display bag is going to add much to germs. I think it's very rare people actually take their things all of out their own purse with an SA standing there and people around and put them in a display bag. I think I've seen that happen maybe once in 5-6 years, and it was heavily frowned on by the SA.

Really? I have had sa's suggest that i put my things in a bag to try it to see they fit. More than once, I'm sure, they have told me to feel free to put my things in it and walk around with it to see how it looks. I remember when I was trying on artsy my sa told me that I would have to put my things in the bag to weigh it down to see how it would really look. Of course they probably know that when I go in for something I've already obsessed about it, researched it thoroughly and am going to buy it. LOL

I've also bought several display pieces, never an issue. Once my SA even got a ladder and got me a wallet out of the outside display window because it was the only one they had in stock. I think that because my LV is smaller and not as busy as the bigger city stores the sa's seem to be nicer and more accommodating than in the really big, busy stores.

trumanfinn said:
Really? I have had sa's suggest that i put my things in a bag to try it to see they fit. More than once, I'm sure, they have told me to feel free to put my things in it and walk around with it to see how it looks. I remember when I was trying on artsy my sa told me that I would have to put my things in the bag to weigh it down to see how it would really look. Of course they probably know that when I go in for something I've already obsessed about it, researched it thoroughly and am going to buy it. LOL

+1
This would be the norm for me as well
:smile:

Clearly it's different at different stores. We can easily buy displays and I often do. Other people are told they can't at other boutiques. Our boutique doesn't offer up the ability to put personal things in bags. It depends on SAs and store managers at any given location I imagine.

charleston-mom said:
Clearly it's different at different stores. We can easily buy displays and I often do. Other people are told they can't at other boutiques. Our boutique doesn't offer up the ability to put personal things in bags. It depends on SAs and store managers at any given location I imagine.

Yes, I'm sure any business is like that. My store has always been so relaxed about everything..although, now that it's been robbed recently I'm wondering if they're going to crack down.

And my store doesn't let us get away with everything. When Portobello was released I went in twice for it and tried it on and BEGGED and pleaded for them to sell it to me, and they completely refused. Meanwhile there were portobello reveals popping up like crazy all over the forum! lol

So, each store probably has its own rules and while I'm allowed to have store displays, I can't have an early release no matter how much I beg!