Wish I was coming here with a reveal but...

ladyash

O.G.
Jun 5, 2010
I missed out on a $7.99 Alma BB at the thrift store today :sad: I'm soooo not happy about this as I could have actually been the one to score it but got held up at work so I didn't get there when I had planned to!!!

From what I saw I am 99% sure it was authentic which hurts even more. The other 1% would have come if I was able to look at the inside, but it was sitting off to the side already spoken for and just waiting for the lady to come out of the change rooms and buy it. Pretty sure they thought it was fake at the thrift store since they had a couple of Dooney and Bourke bags priced much higher than this LV and they are notorious for placing ridiculous mark ups on cheap mall brands that they think are popular (which normally works in my favour as I find a ton of designer stuff for cheap all the time.) This is the first time I have EVER seen an authentic designer bag at the thrift store so I'm bumming hardcore right now.

The handles would have needed replacing or reglazing as they were in pretty bad shape, but the rest of the bag looked good. It didn't have the longer strap with it, but it would have made a cute hand held bag. I wish I had of gotten there sooner. It would have made a nice graduation gift for my sister if I had of had the handles replaced and cleaned it up a bit. :sad: She told me she wants a neverfull, but that is a bit out of my budget for a grad gift. Unless of course I manage to find a really great job between now and April, or win the lottery!

Oct 3, 2007
I think you should tell yourself that it was a fake. At $7.99 I have a really hard time believing it was authentic. I question the Alma BB has even been around to age that badly, but maybe so. Mine are Epi and Vernis, so don't know when the mono was released.

Lilylovelv

Mar 13, 2012
To be honest...at $7.99 I would of asked myself is this too good to be true?!?! If it seems to good to be true it just may be. For me if there's 1% doubt of it being authentic, that's way too much. Maybe it was just meant to be that you missed that one. 😊

lshcat

Authenticator
O.G.
Mar 31, 2010
I think you should tell yourself that it was a fake. At $7.99 I have a really hard time believing it was authentic. I question the Alma BB has even been around to age that badly, but maybe so. Mine are Epi and Vernis, so don't know when the mono was released.

Ditto. I'm betting for sure it was a fake, priced that way. So OP consider yourself saved from wasting a hard earned $7.99. :P

Fimpagebag

Jul 27, 2013
When I donate bags to the local Goodwill I always point out the premier designer bags along with the contemporary designer bags. Case in point, this year I donated two LVs and a Gucci, along with a Dooney, a Coach, etc. They have always been appreciative, and priced the bags accordingly. Premier bags are priced between $30-$40, while the Contemporary are in the $20-$25 range. At $7.99 it's probable that the bb you saw was fake.

ladyash

O.G.
Jun 5, 2010
Go for the lottery :smile: ! just kiddin , its ok it wasnt meant to be yours . hope youll get to purchase it one day

Haha if only it were that easy!!! I would definitely go for the lottery and then I could knock off all the things from my wishlist!

To be honest...at $7.99 I would of asked myself is this too good to be true?!?! If it seems to good to be true it just may be. For me if there's 1% doubt of it being authentic, that's way too much. Maybe it was just meant to be that you missed that one. 😊

Ditto. I'm betting for sure it was a fake, priced that way. So OP consider yourself saved from wasting a hard earned $7.99. :P

When I donate bags to the local Goodwill I always point out the premier designer bags along with the contemporary designer bags. Case in point, this year I donated two LVs and a Gucci, along with a Dooney, a Coach, etc. They have always been appreciative, and priced the bags accordingly. Premier bags are priced between $30-$40, while the Contemporary are in the $20-$25 range. At $7.99 it's probable that the bb you saw was fake.

I'm trying to convince myself it was fake, but idk it just looked and felt really good to me which makes it hard for me to forget about it. The handles looked like someone let a puppy use them as a chew toy, but the rest of the bag was in good shape and the handles and trim looked like it was starting to patina unevenly like where the handles would have been held. I'm stopping back in tonight to the same store if I have time since it's next door to the theatre I am seeing my friends play at tonight...Maybe there will be new stuff so I can forget the one that got away.
This particular thrift store has a bunch of older people running it that know nothing about designers. While there yesterday I picked up a Roberto Cavalli blouse for $5.99 that retailed for around $1500 and previously I have scored Versace, Burberry Prorsum, Prada, Dior, Fendi etc etc all priced cheaper than things from H&M and Gap, so a real purse being marked 7.99 isn't entirely too good to be true at this store. I've just never found good purses so far at this location before yesterday. It's close to an upscale area and I find that a lot of wealthy people offload stuff there all the time. You just have to go at the right time or be the right size for the stuff.

DrDior

Yes? May I help you?
O.G.
Jan 13, 2012
This particular thrift store has a bunch of older people running it that know nothing about designers. While there yesterday I picked up a Roberto Cavalli blouse for $5.99 that retailed for around $1500 and previously I have scored Versace, Burberry Prorsum, Prada, Dior, Fendi etc etc all priced cheaper than things from H&M and Gap, so a real purse being marked 7.99 isn't entirely too good to be true at this store. I've just never found good purses so far at this location before yesterday. It's close to an upscale area and I find that a lot of wealthy people offload stuff there all the time. You just have to go at the right time or be the right size for the stuff.

As someone who accidentally overpays for everything ... it's official ...

I AM STALKING YOU

because I couldn't find a deal if it dressed up as Abe Lincoln, stood outside my house reciting the Gettysburg address and then started up a civil war (sorry, Americans, for any historical inaccuracies, but we did the voyageurs and beaver pelts in Grade 6 History. They were pretty boring. I think I got a raw deal on that too).

ladyash

O.G.
Jun 5, 2010
As someone who accidentally overpays for everything ... it's official ...

I AM STALKING YOU

because I couldn't find a deal if it dressed up as Abe Lincoln, stood outside my house reciting the Gettysburg address and then started up a civil war (sorry, Americans, for any historical inaccuracies, but we did the voyageurs and beaver pelts in Grade 6 History. They were pretty boring. I think I got a raw deal on that too).

Haha!!! I'm a student and have to live frugally, but at the same time I am obsessed with designer labels soooo I started hitting thrift stores. I've found a lot of things that I never thought I would be able to own because of the price tags associated with the brands. Now that I have two jobs and am almost finished with school I am able to afford the occasional splurge, but I just can't bring myself to do it because I'm accustomed to shopping so cheaply! Thrifting all the way!

Jun 8, 2006
If it's a real LV or other premier designer, wouldn't be able to take it off of your taxes. Where I live, trust me, an LV bag can cost $500 plus. It's the , so they know all about those. If it's faux, they mark it faux with a $5 price tag.