Wirkin for a Birkin - Reveal

cdinh87

O.G.
Dec 25, 2009
Hermes was something I'd never thought would be obtainable to me. I consider myself lucky when I started gaining interest in Hermes because my first bag was a Kelly 32cm in Clemence, but not just any Kelly. I was determined to get myself this Kelly in Glycine and after being told by SAs that this is a color offered only to VIP client (which I am definitely not) I managed to score a Kelly 32cm in Glycine with the help of a friend and their lovely SA. I said to myself that this Kelly would be the only H bag I would ever own and we all know that normally this isn't the case. A few months later, I decided I needed a daily bag, something that's pretty much carefree and I somehow found myself at the local boutique walking out with an Evelyne in Rouge Casaque. I eventually started thinking more about Hermes and I knew the Birkin should be my next bag but I knew this wouldn't be an easy task without spending more money at Hermes. The end of last year I really pushed for a promotion at work and said to myself, "If i get this promotion before my 30th birthday, I'm treating myself to a Birkin." This promotion came sooner than expected and so did this Birkin. I present to you, my new (to me) Gold Birkin 30cm with GHW. (I was told this is clemence but when I put it side by side with my Kelly it looks like togo but I'm no expert).

My birthday is still a few months away so I wonder if I can behave until then. :smile: Thank you for letting me share my story with you.

Side note: I was so excited when the package came today (okay, that's an understatement!), but after inspecting the bag I felt so disappointed because the seller never mentioned the tear in the leather clochette. I know this is something that is replaceable but life has been so busy for me lately and now I'd have to try and make time to run to a boutique to get a new clochette. I was also wondering the back "tab" (sorry I'm not sure what it's really called) where there's all that white "stuff" (see photo) I thought it was glue but it's not, any idea what it could be? Am i over reacting and being extremely picky now that I see a tear in the clochette?

Attachments

• birkin30.jpg
    birkin30.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 1,656
  • birkin-clochette.jpg
    birkin-clochette.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 1,607
  • birkin-tab.jpg
    birkin-tab.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 1,672
  • togo-clemence.jpg
    togo-clemence.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 1,756
First, Did you have the bag authenticated? That's just so important when buying from a secondary source. Second, did you contact the seller regarding the tear and residue? If so, what did they have to say about it. You can't just walk in and get a clochette. You'll probably need to order one or have this one repaired.

I will return it
Dishonest seller hiding flaws of item
Unless you really like the price tag
This size color hw leather not difficult to find around
A rewarding gift should be with gd feeling and happy memories

On the side note
See if the clochette can be stitch back
Changing new one will cost more plus at least 1 yr waiting

"Extremely picky" about a hole in the clouchette??? On a BIRKIN!??? NO WAY!!!!!
I'd be pissed beyond the highest level of pisstivity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unless I got this bag for a fraction of retail, this would be cause for me to return the bag.
I actually hang the clouchette from the bag all the time (even get them monogrammed) so the condition of the clouchette is also important to me. Maybe it is not to u though....
Have you reached out to the seller to find out why they did not disclose the issues????

p.s. Congrats on your promotion darling!!!

Omg! I think the seller is pretty unethical and dishonest to have failed to mention about the tear and the true condition of the bag. I am so sorry it happened to you. Can you return the bag and get a refund since the seller did not do a full disclosure on the bag?

Reactions: **Chanel**
First, Did you have the bag authenticated? That's just so important when buying from a secondary source. Second, did you contact the seller regarding the tear and residue? If so, what did they have to say about it. You can't just walk in and get a clochette. You'll probably need to order one or have this one repaired.

I will return it
Dishonest seller hiding flaws of item
Unless you really like the price tag
This size color hw leather not difficult to find around
A rewarding gift should be with gd feeling and happy memories

On the side note
See if the clochette can be stitch back
Changing new one will cost more plus at least 1 yr waiting

I agree with bagidiotic, this combination is not difficult to find, and I would not keep this with undisclosed flaws. Good luck with your decision, and congrats on your promotion!

"Extremely picky" about a hole in the clouchette??? On a BIRKIN!??? NO WAY!!!!!
I'd be pissed beyond the highest level of pisstivity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Unless I got this bag for a fraction of retail, this would be cause for me to return the bag.
I actually hang the clouchette from the bag all the time (even get them monogrammed) so the condition of the clouchette is also important to me. Maybe it is not to u though....
Have you reached out to the seller to find out why they did not disclose the issues????

p.s. Congrats on your promotion darling!!!

Omg! I think the seller is pretty unethical and dishonest to have failed to mention about the tear and the true condition of the bag. I am so sorry it happened to you. Can you return the bag and get a refund since the seller did not do a full disclosure on the bag?

Yeah, that's kind of a big deal. I would return. Sorry about your bad luck!

Did you have the bag authenticated before you bought it?

Sorry for the late response, this weekend was a bit hectic for me and I've been feeling a bit under the weather. When I saw the hole in the clochette I immediately called the seller and emailed the photos. The seller was apologetic and has been very responsive since then, the seller also offered to pay for a replacement clochette along with providing a partial refund for the inconvenience. I've expressed my concern about receiving a replacement clochette that would not match the Birkin upon arrival and the seller said if that were the case I can still return it for a refund so I don't think I have anything to lose, besides time; running back and forth to the boutique to pick up the clochette.

When I was at the boutique ordering a replacement clochette the SA asked me where did I purchase the bag (since I did not know what leather it was, it turned out to be togo, this bag is exactly what I wanted!) and when I told her where and how much I got it for she said I got it for a good price. That made me feel so much better about my decision to keep the bag. She also said that the white residue could be glue and to run a blow dryer on high over that area to "melt" it. Although I haven't built up the courage to give it a try yet (i'll keep you updated once I do).

I've given it a lot of thought and since it hit the criteria for "my perfect Birkin" (B30 in gold togo with GHW) I've decided to keep it. I hope you don't think I'm naive for keeping this Birkin and I truly appreciate everyone's input. Thank you. :smile:

Sorry for the late response, this weekend was a bit hectic for me and I've been feeling a bit under the weather. When I saw the hole in the clochette I immediately called the seller and emailed the photos. The seller was apologetic and has been very responsive since then, the seller also offered to pay for a replacement clochette along with providing a partial refund for the inconvenience. I've expressed my concern about receiving a replacement clochette that would not match the Birkin upon arrival and the seller said if that were the case I can still return it for a refund so I don't think I have anything to lose, besides time; running back and forth to the boutique to pick up the clochette.

When I was at the boutique ordering a replacement clochette the SA asked me where did I purchase the bag (since I did not know what leather it was, it turned out to be togo, this bag is exactly what I wanted!) and when I told her where and how much I got it for she said I got it for a good price. That made me feel so much better about my decision to keep the bag. She also said that the white residue could be glue and to run a blow dryer on high over that area to "melt" it. Although I haven't built up the courage to give it a try yet (i'll keep you updated once I do).

I've given it a lot of thought and since it hit the criteria for "my perfect Birkin" (B30 in gold togo with GHW) I've decided to keep it. I hope you don't think I'm naive for keeping this Birkin and I truly appreciate everyone's input. Thank you. :smile:
Not naive at all! You sound like you have everything under control. All that's left to do is enjoy your fabulous new bag!

Hermes was something I'd never thought would be obtainable to me. I consider myself lucky when I started gaining interest in Hermes because my first bag was a Kelly 32cm in Clemence, but not just any Kelly. I was determined to get myself this Kelly in Glycine and after being told by SAs that this is a color offered only to VIP client (which I am definitely not) I managed to score a Kelly 32cm in Glycine with the help of a friend and their lovely SA. I said to myself that this Kelly would be the only H bag I would ever own and we all know that normally this isn't the case. A few months later, I decided I needed a daily bag, something that's pretty much carefree and I somehow found myself at the local boutique walking out with an Evelyne in Rouge Casaque. I eventually started thinking more about Hermes and I knew the Birkin should be my next bag but I knew this wouldn't be an easy task without spending more money at Hermes. The end of last year I really pushed for a promotion at work and said to myself, "If i get this promotion before my 30th birthday, I'm treating myself to a Birkin." This promotion came sooner than expected and so did this Birkin. I present to you, my new (to me) Gold Birkin 30cm with GHW. (I was told this is clemence but when I put it side by side with my Kelly it looks like togo but I'm no expert).

My birthday is still a few months away so I wonder if I can behave until then. :smile: Thank you for letting me share my story with you.

Side note: I was so excited when the package came today (okay, that's an understatement!), but after inspecting the bag I felt so disappointed because the seller never mentioned the tear in the leather clochette. I know this is something that is replaceable but life has been so busy for me lately and now I'd have to try and make time to run to a boutique to get a new clochette. I was also wondering the back "tab" (sorry I'm not sure what it's really called) where there's all that white "stuff" (see photo) I thought it was glue but it's not, any idea what it could be? Am i over reacting and being extremely picky now that I see a tear in the clochette?

Congrats on your promotion. I will return the bag as it is not right for the seller hiding it. The white stuffs though I think it is from the fat of the leather which is common for H. But I could be wrong so return it to be safe.

I don't think you are being naive. I think that sometimes, honest sellers can miss things and I am glad she is making it work for you. To me, the little residue issue is a non-issue. Show Docride. Also, maybe just some leather cleaner with q-tip. Congratulations on your lovely bag. As far as the clochette--if H is making you a new one, it will take awhile and if you have kept the flawed one, maybe you can take it to your local cobbler to help it out while you wait.

Reactions: QuelleFromage
Not naive at all! You sound like you have everything under control. All that's left to do is enjoy your fabulous new bag!
I am still deciding on which twilly to get, I've narrowed it down to two :smile: Now that it's getting warmer I can't wait to take her out!

Congrats on your promotion. I will return the bag as it is not right for the seller hiding it. The white stuffs though I think it is from the fat of the leather which is common for H. But I could be wrong so return it to be safe.
Thank you :smile:. I've heard that one before, maybe the blow-dryer trick will "melt the fat"? hmmm

I don't think you are being naive. I think that sometimes, honest sellers can miss things and I am glad she is making it work for you. To me, the little residue issue is a non-issue. Show Docride. Also, maybe just some leather cleaner with q-tip. Congratulations on your lovely bag. As far as the clochette--if H is making you a new one, it will take awhile and if you have kept the flawed one, maybe you can take it to your local cobbler to help it out while you wait.
Good idea, I totally forgot that I could reach out to Docride and get some advice as to what to do with the residue.
I was not planning to use the clochette while using my B but I would like to have one that does not have a hole in it in case I decide to hang it from my B one day (having options available would be nice) so I really don't mind the wait. Thank you, a gold B30 with GHW togo was my dream B and now it's a dream come true! :biggrin:

Reactions: Genie27 and Melbee
I'm glad the seller is being so helpful. Things happen, and issues get overlooked, so if the seller is trying to make it right in good faith, and you're happy with the price and the solution they offer, then enjoy your beautiful bag. Congratulations on your milestones and your beautiful reward.

I'm glad the seller is being so helpful. Things happen, and issues get overlooked, so if the seller is trying to make it right in good faith, and you're happy with the price and the solution they offer, then enjoy your beautiful bag. Congratulations on your milestones and your beautiful reward.
after giving a lot of thought I think I did the right thing, for myself. Although the purchase didn't go as planned I have to say I'm happy with the outcome.
Thank you so much, I cant believe I'm saying this but I'm content with my (purse) collection!