• Off White - padded bomber jacket

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Alexandre Vauthier - quilted velvet jacket

Votes: 8 80.0%

• Total voters

S_STAR

Dec 2, 2017
Hi All,

So I'm in need of a crop black puffer jacket. The goal is to have the coat as a piece I can wear day to day whether it is on a shopping trip or evening drinks and dinner.

I've come across the following two and I wanted to get some advice and opinions as to which one you would choose and why, please.

Aesthetically, they are different the Off White one is more casual looking and can be worn more day to day. The hood is also detachable.
OFF WHITE 1.jpg OFF WHITE 2.jpg off white yo.jpg

The Alexander Vauthier is velvet (so more likely to attract fluff ) yet it is more opulent looking and it still can be worn with sneakers and jeans for a more dressed-down look or can be thrown over a dress.
AV Jacket.jpg AV JACKET 1.jpg AV JACKET 2.jpg
Which would you prefer Ladies and Gents?

I prefer the AV one as the shape is more unique and pairs better with the lux look of velvet. It dresses down easily like you said and is more memorable. The other one is too sporty for drinks and dinner, and is too cropped imo for daily use.

I prefer the AV one as the shape is more unique and pairs better with the lux look of velvet. It dresses down easily like you said and is more memorable. The other one is too sporty for drinks and dinner and is too cropped imo for daily use.
Thanks for your comments and good point regarding it being too cropped. I am swaying more to the AV piece its more of a grown-woman vibe too. I think I could see my 18-year-old cousins wearing the offwhite jacket.

I prefer the AV one as the shape is more unique and pairs better with the lux look of velvet. It dresses down easily like you said and is more memorable. The other one is too sporty for drinks and dinner, and is too cropped imo for daily use.

I second this! Not only is the first one very cropped, the ribbed trim makes it look even more casual. Cute, but #2 wins.

Reactions: S_STAR