Winter coat ideas?

Nishi621

O.G.
Apr 30, 2006
Just realized I need a new one. I live in NYC, so, it gets pretty cold here. I would like something that can go casual (which is about 98% of how I dress),or nice. Something warm, but doesn't have to be crazy warm (I am a warm person, I tend to wear long sleeved shirts in the winter, barely if ever sweaters), and I don't want to spend more than $200.00. Any suggestions? I have been looking around but yet to find anything I like.

I wear a size medium in tops and a size 8 in pants if that helps at all.

Gerry

O.G.
May 1, 2007
Well, it may not be the most elite of suggestions but Dennis Basso has a cute line of faux fur jackets and coats on QVC for cheap. They satisfy the faux fur trend and you know, he is a designer of top quality furs. I live in Florida or I would be snatching them up. Many are reversible,too from fur to satin or wool.

MROD

Sep 26, 2010
I love that jacket! I am also looking for something in that price range and also size 8. I have a knee length coat but can't make up my mind about a jacket length or parka length. difference of about 4 inches. i found one I like but can't make up my mind. What length do you guys like better?

pellarin22

Take That
Dec 22, 2009
If you can get over to New Jersey there's a Canadian store called Aritzia that carries their own line of awesome coats. Their new parka coat for this winter has a removable lining so you can wear it all winter and into the spring. Wait for their sale after Christmas and you should be able to get it below $200.
Their website is www.aritzia.com , everyone here in Toronto wears their coats and they are very feminine and fashionable.

mrb4bags

Nov 11, 2007
New Jersey
I think that coat is really nice and the price is great. Better hurry and get a coat. Winter is here and the temps are dropping way too quickly for my liking lol. Down coats are great.

elle tee

Dec 6, 2006
nyc
I am a big fan of J.Crew's coats with the Thinsulate lining. They are super warm and made of a nice wool that dresses up or down pretty well. The regular price for the Thinsulate coats is around $320 but they go on sale a lot so it's worth looking. Thinsulate coats are online only, though- but if you order from a J.Crew store on their "red phone" you can get free shipping.

Vinyl

O.G.
Dec 1, 2007
New York
Nishi, you should take a look at Overstock.com! They carry some decent brand names & there's a 7% off coupon floating around in the Deals & Steal subforum.

r1ta_s

Nov 21, 2006
I second J.Crew coats as well. I don't have thinsulate but I have several regular ones. They look very good and I always get compliments on them.

Nishi621

O.G.
Apr 30, 2006
Just FYI for anyone who liked this coat. It is now $79.99 at Calving Klein website, originally priced at $240.00. I received mine today, it is soo cute and the medium fits me perfectly! it is down and feathers and quite warm. it has a funnel collar so you don't need a scarf, i am so happy I bought this!