Winter coat can be sooo cumbersome.

Charmie

Jun 2, 2013
Bought the favorite and it's been great wearing it crossover until now. Wearing a wintercoat makes the favorite sit way above the hip. So what do I do? I tweaked it by using the chain and hooked it to the strap to give me that extra length. Now it sits a lot better than before. How about you? Have anyone done anything to their bags to get by the Michelin stage? Show us the new transformed look.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 635
I recently started using my Speedy for work and my husband wondered why I went back to an old (but still in nice condition) Coach - the Speedy doesn't fit over my winter coat on the crook of my arm and I want my hands free because it's starting to be slippery and I have very poor balance. The Coach is crossbody and people laugh at me trying to wrestle it over my hooded coat!

Bought the favorite and it's been great wearing it crossover until now. Wearing a wintercoat makes the favorite sit way above the hip. So what do I do? I tweaked it by using the chain and hooked it to the strap to give me that extra length. Now it sits a lot better than before. How about you? Have anyone done anything to their bags to get by the Michelin stage? Show us the new transformed look.
Awesome bed/bath decor by the way! Looks like Wedgewood china - did you plan it that way?

I been using my Eva since the strap is longer and it fits over my puffy coat. Maybe order a longer chain from Ebay? Seller (rebirthdayz) style: BG02(Gold 6mm x 125cm) is the same length as the Eva strap. I asked for a shorter chain for the Eva when I am not wearing a coat, probably you can ask to get a longer chain.

I recently started using my Speedy for work and my husband wondered why I went back to an old (but still in nice condition) Coach - the Speedy doesn't fit over my winter coat on the crook of my arm and I want my hands free because it's starting to be slippery and I have very poor balance. The Coach is crossbody and people laugh at me trying to wrestle it over my hooded coat!

I just switched to my vintage Coach station bag since using my papillon the other night while trying to teeter and avoid falling on my butt on the ice covered bridge by my place really didn't work out well. I need a shoulder bag for winter that way I can go completely hands free. Plus I feel too bulky carrying a bag on my arm while I have a million layers on. It's just easier to wear a crossbody and go hands free. I can't wait until Spring/Summer again to bring them back out.

Winter coats can completely change the look of a bag - I actually keep this in mind when I feel a bag is "seasonal". For example, I would use azur more in the summer, which means I won't be wearing loads of clothing. I ended up going with a speedy 25 instead of 30 for that reason. I think the chain is a good idea.

That looks great on you, my Bloomsbury sits well still over a winter coat, but honestly I prefer handhelds in the winter. I have enough to contend with with the bulky winter coats and scarves and hats :P

Maybe instead of wearing it crossbody, wear it on one shoulder. The long strap will be longer this way and drop and bit lower since it won't have to go across your chest. Just like a really long shoulder bag. It looks more loose and casual this way too.