Winter Bags Poll

scaredycat

O.G.
Jun 15, 2009
I've just gotten back into Bal and purchased a Grenadine City and Atlantique Town (both rose gold hw) that I've used this summer.

I'm now contemplating what to get for my winter wardrobe. I am getting two bags:

Narrowed colors down to:

Red
Black
Green (like Vert Poker)
Purple

I like the First because I always need a dressier bag but I also want a City in my Collection.

I'm not sure which style combos to get. Maybe you guys can chime in?

Red City and Black First
Black City and Red First
Vert Poker City and Black First
Purple City (whatever I can get from resellers since I can only afford one brand new bag) and Black First

Thanks!

I totally vote for the purple city/black first combo. Classic colors you can wear for years and wear with pretty much everything. :smile::cool:

I totally vote for the purple city/black first combo. Classic colors you can wear for years and wear with pretty much everything. :smile::cool:

Thanks Itbag!

I have a chance to get a Blue Lavande RH (i'm still debating if I can deal with the tassels).....Would you say that is a pretty neutral purple? I've not seen it IRL.

Thanks Itbag!

I have a chance to get a Blue Lavande RH (i'm still debating if I can deal with the tassels).....Would you say that is a pretty neutral purple? I've not seen it IRL.

Blue lavande is a great purple. It is a deep violet. It has no reddish undertones in it whatsoever so if you like a more raisiny reddish purple, this is not the one.

I think Blue lavande is awesome and very versatile. :cool:

The tassels are a personal preference. They are a pain sometimes, but they give the city and first their edge in my opinion. I think everyone should have a RH city and/or first. :cool:

Blue lavande is a great purple. It is a deep violet. It has no reddish undertones in it whatsoever so if you like a more raisiny reddish purple, this is not the one.

The tassels are a personal preference. They are a pain sometimes, but they give the city and first their edge in my opinion. I think everyone should have a RH city and/or first. :cool:

Deep violet sounds perfect. I was looking for a more bluey purple, not a raisiny one so that sounds perfect. I wear blacks, grays, blues, greens that are in the cool end of the spectrum, so sounds like blue lavande will fit right in.

I think once the bag starts to slouch I'll be OK with the tassels. We shall see :smile:

Thanks again!

Another vote for blue lavande! I have it in RGGH city and I always get compliment from strangers whenever I use it even during winter time.

I forgot to mention that the First I'm considering is a limited edition holiday Hamilton red....I'm wondering if I should get the red First and the blue lavande City and just wait out on the black First? Both bags are new so this opportunity may not come again with these two colors

I forgot to mention that the First I'm considering is a limited edition holiday Hamilton red....I'm wondering if I should get the red First and the blue lavande City and just wait out on the black First? Both bags are new so this opportunity may not come again with these two colors

You can always get a black. Go for the rarer color. :smile::cool:

But....I that being said, I think everyone should have a black city and/or a black first. :cool:

You can always get a black. Go for the rarer color. :smile::cool:

But....I that being said, I think everyone should have a black city and/or a black first. :cool:

+1. I get a lot of use out of my purple bags in the cooler months.

Yay! Purple/black combo all the way:smile:

I think this is a great combo:smile:)

I love the BL! I would get it if I found it:graucho:

Totally agree! Go for the two rare colors now. You can pick up the black first or city another time.

Thank you all....I am leaning very much towards getting the two rare colors. I currently have red and purple bags from other brands so I know these will work :smile: Fingers crossed, let's see how things work out :smile: