Winning Buyer can't pay now AFTER winning the auction

piperlu

O.G.
Jun 28, 2006
How do I go about getting my fees back? I see that I can relist the item, but it is an expensive item and I'm socked with huge fees right now. Will Ebay take the fees off if I file a complaint. I have never had this happen before. TIA

You need to send her cancelation, that way you will get your final value fees back. I am sorry you have to deal with buyer like this.

^Thanks! I'll try this. I have never had to deal with this ever on ebay. I have heard horror stories before, so I guess it's my turn to deal with this.

^ Only file mutually agree to cancel transaction if buyer agree to it, otherwise you won't get your fee back. If buyer do not pay, file a non paying bidder report with ebay, you will get your fee back in 4 days. :smile:

^ Only file mutually agree to cancel transaction if buyer agree to it, otherwise you won't get your fee back. If buyer do not pay, file a non paying bidder report with ebay, you will get your fee back in 4 days. :smile:

I think is better to file a non paying bidder report with ebay, that way the buyer gets dinged. If thy've done this repeatedly they can be suspended from ebay, saving someonelse the headache of dealing with them.

I think is better to file a non paying bidder report with ebay, that way the buyer gets dinged. If thy've done this repeatedly they can be suspended from ebay, saving someonelse the headache of dealing with them.
ITA. Mutuals don't ding the buyer and in fact, encourage them to continue the PITA practice.

As always BeenBurned is on the money here. Some recourse needs to occur. I would file a NPB and let eBay take care of it.

Why the heck do people do this ?.I have said this a bunch and it still perplexes me each and every time. Seesh.

I had this happen this week from 2 buyers. I sent them the following message and got payment almost immediately from one...still waiting on the 2nd one. Either way, I think this message is firm yet diplomatic. Feel free to copy and use yourself:

Hello,

You are receiving this message because you have won an item through an auction. I have not yet received your payment. It has been 4 days since the auction ended.

Please take a moment to review EBay's policy for non-payment.
You can find it at the following link: http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/unpaid-items.html

As a seller, I would need to open a case in the Resolution Center to not be charged certain fees assumed by your purchase. I would much prefer to do business with you than have to open a case. Please let me know ASAP your if you plan to pay for this purchase.

If I do not receive payment or communication from you within 24 hours of sending this message, I will open a case in the Resolution Center.

Thank you.

____(your name here)_______

As always BeenBurned is on the money here. Some recourse needs to occur. I would file a NPB and let eBay take care of it.

Why the heck do people do this ?.I have said this a bunch and it still perplexes me each and every time. Seesh.
Jayne, I thought I was the only one in the world with those pink Nikes!! Found a "sole" sister...:biggrin: