winner wants a refund? wth?

lvuittonaddict

$ Doesn't Buy Class
O.G.
Sep 23, 2007
so, i recently sold my amarante brentwood(from my ex) and i disclosed all of the issues that i saw with the bag- the white marks. apparently there are "sticky, oily" spots on the bag....i dont remember seeing ANY when i shipped, and an indentation on the bag(????).... the bag retailed for $1650 before it was discontinued, and the buyer got the bag for $800. she said that it would be fair to give her a $200 REFUND?!?!?!

do you think this is just buyers remorse? my feedback is at 100% and i do not want bad feedback

Did you have a return policy? It sounds like buyer's remorse but if you're so confident of your bag, I suggest you get her to send it back to you for a refund.

$200 refund is ridiculous.

I suggest that:
A) u ask her send you pictures of the "indentation" and "oil stains"
B) u get an indicative quote of the damage (if it is indeed, there!)

Then you can decide if she can return it or give her the partial refund.

I've requested for partial refunds only once when I found TONS of cat hair in the front pocket of my bag. For that, I agreed to split cleaning fees with the seller which to me, is fair since it wasn't a brand new product but seller could have described better.

$200 refund is ridiculous.

I suggest that:
A) u ask her send you pictures of the "indentation" and "oil stains"
B) u get an indicative quote of the damage (if it is indeed, there!)

Then you can decide if she can return it or give her the partial refund.

I've requested for partial refunds only once when I found TONS of cat hair in the front pocket of my bag. For that, I agreed to split cleaning fees with the seller which to me, is fair since it wasn't a brand new product but seller could have described better.

Agreed. If you're sure the bag didn't have those stains, she's just fishing for extra money. If you offer her this and/or offer to refund her fully upon return of the bag, you most likely won't hear from her again.

Tell her to send it back for a full refund.....do not refund her the $200. That is just giving in to ridiculous demands and setting up other sellers for the same thing.

If it is not good enough to keep for the price she paid, it is not good enough to keep.

No, if she opens a claim with PayPal and they side with her, you will have to refund. They won't go with a partial refund, they will tell her to ship it back to you on her dime and you will have to refund.

$200?! Yeah, she's tripping. Just trying to get some of her money back from you. It's rampant on Ebay these days.

I would do as some have suggested and tell her you want to see pictures. She just may kick rocks. Start there and see what happens.

i JUST called paypal to see IF the buyer was to make a claim, if it would have any validation. the representative told me that the only way that she would be able to get a refund was if there was significant undisclosed damages, such as tears/cuts/severe discoloration in the bag, in other words, damage that would significantly lower the value of the bag- which there were NONE. they also said that if a claim was made, they would contact me first....so i am a lot more at ease. phew!

^^ Good for you! Buyers have lost their minds lately. Purchasing things they really can't afford and then making up reasons to extort partial refunds. If the bag you sent her was THAT bad, she would have never asked for a $200 refund. She would have flat out asked to return it for a full refund!

Good luck!