Recently I've given him a (red) wine cork just for smelling, just to see how he liked wine, and he licked it like . We were just shocked... So to make sure that he liked wine and not the cork, I dipped my finger into the wine and let him taste it, he almost ate my finger . I was soooo speechless and amused. SO said he's becoming cultured - fine wine and dinner together. I dont' know, you'll probably smack me for poisoning him. So far he might have drank 5 drops of wine, 1 drop from each bottle. I'm embarrassed to share this with the vet - s/he may end up taking me to jail on the spot. Does anyone here know if wine is bad / damaging to the dog? As much as I want to see him drunk, I want him to have a long happy healthy life at the same time.