Wine or Petrol MMS?

lovebags2

O.G.
Oct 12, 2007
Hi Ladies,

Okay, it's time. I need everyone's advice regarding color selection. Surprise, Surprise!;)

I"m considering trying the mms midi. As you know, I like the overall style but the dark grey glossy was too "patenty" for me. If you like patent leather, you'll love the dark grey glossy. I just love either Jackie's mattes or the petrol/wine.

On the one hand, I think petrol will look superb in this style. To me, the mms reminded me of your "basic" tote. But, what will make this style come to life, will be color (or black crash, loved the pics).

SO: What do you think all, petrol or wine? I was leaning toward petrol because I can't stop looking at my petrol weekender set. But, I think the ladies need another order for the wine! I"m tempted to help whenever I can. And, I have been looking for the perfect "red" bag. Right TG?

I might just wait until I read more reviews for this bag. But, I"m starting to think about it, at least!

Well, if you love your petrol weekender so much, then you should get the petrol and enjoy it every day.

I have a blue Epi LV bag and I love it. I think you will get more use out of the petrol...then again, if you need to spice up your wardrobe with color, then...wine would be right.

I requested petrol. I am not really a wine girl and have never really seen a wine bag that appealed to me. There is something super chic about the petrol in this style. I think it would look just fabulous with jeans. To be honest, i didnt really like this style until i saw the black crash modelling pics. I then realised that this bag was squarer than I thought and had a very solid base, like my Im Yours tote, which is just perfect for work. I really enjoy carrying it.

I have been eyeing a petrol bag for ages, i just couldnt decide on the style, i think this is the right style for petrol for me anyway

Last edited:
Petrol is lovely, I must admit, but pinkdiamond, Jackie's wine leather is really nice. I have a Kiss Me clutch in that color and figured I needed the MMS midi in wine also.

So - Jackie is waiting for wine deposits, then? Lol - I had no idea, and I was one who really wanted that bag.

lovebags - go with the color you want most, no need to fret over making the rest of us happy.

I was debating about getting a petrol MMS as well, but once I got my luggage set - I knew I would prefer the wine. The petrol was perfect for the larger overnighters, but I feel its a little darker than I would have liked for the MMS. And I know everyone says that petrol goes great with jeans, but I have thing against wearing any sort of blue bag with jeans. Just one of my own quirks.

That being said, these are all reasons why I personally chose the wine over petrol. If none of it reflects your own opinions or thoughts, disregard and choose your own path!

So - Jackie is waiting for wine deposits, then? Lol - I had no idea, and I was one who really wanted that bag.

lovebags - go with the color you want most, no need to fret over making the rest of us happy.

I was debating about getting a petrol MMS as well, but once I got my luggage set - I knew I would prefer the wine. The petrol was perfect for the larger overnighters, but I feel its a little darker than I would have liked for the MMS. And I know everyone says that petrol goes great with jeans, but I have thing against wearing any sort of blue bag with jeans. Just one of my own quirks.

That being said, these are all reasons why I personally chose the wine over petrol. If none of it reflects your own opinions or thoughts, disregard and choose your own path!

Circoit, I found out about all this when Ashley sent me an email saying that they would manufacture this bag in that color. She said to go ahead and place a deposit. So I think you still can. Just mention what color, what style and what color hardware. But you probably know all that.

I'm all about the Petrol!!! I put in a request but not a deposit. Do I need to do this? I thought you didn't do that until you heard she is actually going to make them. Please let me know. I can put my deposit in. Or, is this the wine you are talking about. Very Pretty but I gotta have Petrol.

Actually it was Jackie, not Ashley who mentioned the deposit. This is from an email dated 8/24:

Ok, I do think that wine with silver is going to go ahead at the end of
August when the workshop reconvenes.

So I will probably ask everyone to put their deposits down shortly so long
as everyone still wants the bag.

Talk soon,

Jackie

I'm all about the Petrol!!! I put in a request but not a deposit. Do I need to do this? I thought you didn't do that until you heard she is actually going to make them. Please let me know. I can put my deposit in. Or, is this the wine you are talking about. Very Pretty but I gotta have Petrol.

I've decided that I want a petrol. Can you email Jackie and see if she's ready for deposit's yet? I sure hope so!