Wine Nikki from Shopbop

Advo

O.G.
Sep 2, 2006
I'm utterly in love with the Nikki on Shopbop but, but, but! First off the price is hmm, I know you guys says it's worth it, but it's still soooo much money :confused1: So, in you guys' opinion, will it go on sale?

My second reason for not buying is, that Shopbop will charge me around $90 for shipping which means the bag will be lot more expensive, and that's excluding the VAT (25%) and duty (10%), I will be charged upon its entry to Denmark. So do you guys have any suggestions to where else, I go buy it? I've looked at Luna Bosten and they have a much more reasonable shipping rate "only" $40 but they don't have it in wine...

If you do a search and read through some threads, you will see the Wine Nikki has pretty much been guaranteed by Rebecca Minkoff herself to NEVER go on sale.
Shopbop actually took the Wine Nikki down from their site last week when they offered a coupon code. So I do not think you will find it there on sale.

Your best bet for a discount is to get one off eBay!

I think others on the forum have mentioned that Luna Boston has a Wine Nikki Preorder for 9/30 delivery. You'll have to email them to get a pre-order link though. The downside, of course, is that you won't get the bag right away, but it's close enough to the end of Sept anyway, and LB has wonderful cs and ships your bag to you beautifully (unlike some of the shopbop RM bag shipping problems).

I don't think the Wine Nikki will go on sale given its popularity... If anything, it might sell out and disappear (although, RM has been doing recuts of some of their popular bags, so I guess never said never...). HTH!

I alway thought the weak american dollar made up for all the extra taxes & shipping and stuff!! LOL

Not quite, unfortunately, espcially not now when the dollar is on the way up/or Euro down, whichever way you wanna look at it. I tried Luna Bosten, btw, but theirs are with new hardware, and I kinda prefer the old. I'm gonna check the Hip Chick ones out. Thanks for the tip!