Wine lovers unite!

edsbgrl

Smile!
O.G.
Dec 14, 2005
Hello fellow wine lovers!!!! Where are you?! I got into wines a few years ago and now its my prefered drink. I'm a big fan of reds. Faves - Pinor Noir, Tempernillo w/Cabernet, Cabernet and sometimes Shiraz.

How about you?

I'm a wine amature.. plus I guess you don't get a lot of scope of good wines if you keep on buying the cheapest at the liquor store ! I am a fan of ice wine though, so great !

Actually Ayla, I'm not a connoisseur by any means. I just like trying different wines. I don't do the swrill it around in the glass, smell it thing like in Sideways :lol: (the movie).

edsbgrl said:
Actually Ayla, I'm not a connoisseur by any means. I just like trying different wines. I don't do the swrill it around in the glass, smell it thing like in Sideways :lol: (the movie).

I loved that movie ! And most of my wine knowledge comes from it too.. I've been seriously considering driving around the wine region of Ontario just so I could do tasting, since the movie as inspired me so. I'm pretty sure I won't indulge in drinking from the bucket though ! :Push:

Oh my. This thread has my name written all over it. My husband and I drink wine with dinner almost every night and we keep about 15-20 cases on hand at all times. It's his version of handbags, really.

I very much enjoy matching wines with what we're eating and think I do a fairly good job. We try all kinds of things and don't have any real favorites other than Bordeauxs - but alas, most of the ones we love are too expensive to drink daily. So we try everything!

I'm with you, I love wine. Any wine,.... especially home made wine, that is the best. I'm a sucker for wine, I have a glass or two a day. My husbands the wino! While I have a couple of glasses he has the whole bottle hostage. Like right now,... grrr,... I'm sickie anyway today I can't have no wine :sad:

I really enjoy wine, but I don't know very much about it!

yay! I'm glad someone mentioned "Sideways"- that's what I thought when I saw this thread. I've seen that movie like 10 times, it's sooo good. I've never seen such a genuine portrayal of heterosexual friendships in adult males. :smile:

I, too, love wine. I am just about to finish off a bottle that I picked up yesterday. It's taken me about 5 hours, but I'm no quitter! This particular bottle is called Red Sky Ranch Meritage; a blend of cabernet sauvignon, merlot, cabernet franc, malbec and petite verdot. I found it quite yummy. At $12.99 a bottle at Cost Plus, I feel that I may need to invest in a few more bottles! :biggrin: I tend to favor reds, but I do love a nice sauvignon blanc.

pidgeon92 said:
I, too, love wine. I am just about to finish off a bottle that I picked up yesterday. It's taken me about 5 hours, but I'm no quitter! This particular bottle is called Red Sky Ranch Meritage; a blend of cabernet sauvignon, merlot, cabernet franc, malbec and petite verdot. I found it quite yummy. At $12.99 a bottle at Cost Plus, I feel that I may need to invest in a few more bottles! :biggrin: I tend to favor reds, but I do love a nice sauvignon blanc.
Cost Plus surprisingly brings in some pretty good stuff.

I am an amature, too. My boyfriend and I try to visits vineyards and bring back couple of bottle each that that we can enjoy for couple of weeks before we go out on our hunts again. That way we get a little bit of history of the wine and get to taste it beofore we decide to bring them home. I started with the whites because they're lighter, and started to appreciate reds little by little, it is definitely an acquired taste. I am loving Pino Noir right now:love:

Ayla- I love ice wine, too! I know certain vineyards up in Canada will let you 'adopt' your own so you get to participate the whole process. It's rather cool. I drink it as dessert wine.

Care said:
Ayla- I love ice wine, too! I know certain vineyards up in Canada will let you 'adopt' your own so you get to participate the whole process. It's rather cool. I drink it as dessert wine.

Oh really ? Do you happen to know what region ? If it's like the Niagara region, that's only an hour and a half drive and that's where I would be going anyways for wineries ! :amuse: