wine and eggplant mam

NicolesCloset

sassy mama!
O.G.
Apr 3, 2008
in a happy place!
I am noticing in pics that eggplant and wine kinda look the same. Is it just me. I am desperately looking for a mam wine, but if I can't get it , do you think the eggplant is a close color?:heart:

janechin76

Jan 31, 2008
red dot.
I have an eggplant MAM, and to me, it's a wine MAM sub. :smile: but the wine is def much more rich red in colour, whereas the eggplant has a deeper purple tone to it.

NicolesCloset

sassy mama!
O.G.
Apr 3, 2008
in a happy place!
:crybaby:I guess the wine and berry or more red. The eggplant leans towards brown.. I think I have to continue waiting for my wine. They dont even sell tamato or berry anymore

kimber

I love Nikkis!!
Sep 26, 2006
In my opinion...nothing compares to the wine it is such a rich beautiful color and leather...I hope you find the bag you want...

HitchcockBlonde

Bag (and shoe) lady
O.G.
Oct 27, 2006
I had the eggplant, I actually prefer the color to the wine. It is more purply brown and more neutral for matching esp in the work environment. However the leather is really stiff so the texture of the wine is much better for you if you are into smooshy soft leather! I found the eggplant color gorgeous but the leather a bit too stiff.

NicolesCloset

sassy mama!
O.G.
Apr 3, 2008
in a happy place!
Oh boy decisions decisions!! I dont know if to get the egglant mam in owlslab becasuse there are no returns. What if I dont love it!!! Like I did not like the yellow mam. Its just that waiting till june for the blk basketweave is killing me.

janechin76

Jan 31, 2008
red dot.
Hang on in there for the black MAM, I think it's totally worth it and you've made a great buy.
If u have your heart set on a wine, get a wine. Others just would not do, I suspect. :smile:

GUNG

Aug 25, 2007
SF Bay Area, CA
Eggplant and Wine, IMO are very different, not only in terms of color but leather texture as well. As HitchcockBlonde said, the Eggplant has leather that is stiffer. IME, the Wine is smooshy, buttery, and thick with an incomparably beautiful color that is just stunning. I haven't owned the Eggplant color but I can tell you without a doubt that the Wine is worth every penny!