Windowpane Blazer

cafecreme15

Jan 5, 2015
I have been searching high and low for a white/cream blazer with a black or navy windowpane pattern. I was inspired by the Chanel robot jacket in white, however this is out of my price range at the moment. While I remember seeing windowpane blazers from affordable retailers like Banana Republic and J Crew last season, this season I can't seem to find one anywhere. Does anyone know where I can find a reasonably priced windowpane blazer? I've been eyeing one that is perfect from Veronica Beard, but it is $600, and I would like to spend less money than that. I am watching it closely to see if it goes on sale or is included in any department store promotions, but so far I haven't had any luck with this. Thanks for your help in advance!

Cordings often have very nice jackets:

https://www.cordings.co.uk/ladieswear/jackets

Also try Booksters they do made to order/measure choosing from a range of materials that's bound to include windowpane check. I think it will be at the top of your budget though (though the pound is down, it's years since I've bought anything) You'll have to contact them for women's MTO:

http://www.bookster.co.uk/women/

http://www.bookster.co.uk/contact-us/
Thank you for these suggestions! Unfortunately, Cordings doesn't have any windowpane blazers currently available for women, and you're right that Booksters is a bit over budget for me. I will keep looking!

Reactions: papertiger
Hi! The Veronica Beard jacket is nice and I actually ordered it but had to return it as the shoulder was very wide for me compared to the waist/hip. Just FYI. Have you considered the Tory Burch Pocomo jacket? It's a fun windowpane but maybe a bit too much color for you. Here is a photo from the website:
IMG_1494380848.942147.jpg

Hi! The Veronica Beard jacket is nice and I actually ordered it but had to return it as the shoulder was very wide for me compared to the waist/hip. Just FYI. Have you considered the Tory Burch Pocomo jacket? It's a fun windowpane but maybe a bit too much color for you. Here is a photo from the website:
View attachment 3693949
Hm, I'm sorry to hear the jacket didn't work for you! Did you find that it did not fit like other Veronica Beard jackets? I've tried on other VB styles and colors so I think I know my size, but it would be helpful to know if the fit for this jacket is different. And thank you for showing me this! I actually did see it on Tory Burch's website and toyed with the idea of ordering it, but I just wish it didn't have the green. I think the green makes it a little too out there for my conservative office.

Hm, I'm sorry to hear the jacket didn't work for you! Did you find that it did not fit like other Veronica Beard jackets? I've tried on other VB styles and colors so I think I know my size, but it would be helpful to know if the fit for this jacket is different. And thank you for showing me this! I actually did see it on Tory Burch's website and toyed with the idea of ordering it, but I just wish it didn't have the green. I think the green makes it a little too out there for my conservative office.

Hi! I thought the jacket was off for me... for that style of jacket, I like a tailored look (e.g. my go to brand for work is Max Mara). The armholes in that jacket are cut too big and it causes the area between the armpit and upper waist to look undefined. Said another way, you cannot see the curve around my rib cage area (the armpit hole is too long), and that is a sloppy look to me. I hope that made sense. I also did not like that it was polyester. For business, I prefer to have some wool or cotton. Plus, the jacket itself looked a bit boring and frumpy in real life. That cut is just not for me but it may be great on you.

Since you mentioned the Robot jacket, maybe take a look at the Veronica Beard Eclipse jacket. It's gorgeous, has a nice slim fit and the fabric is cotton with a lot of texture. It is similar to me to the Ecru jacket in the Chanel Cuba collection. I love it and I noticed it's on sale now!

A few other comments... Neiman Marcus has a F&F sale going on and the VB windowpane jacket is there so you could get $125 back in a gift card.

Saks also has a sale now and if you are interested in Max Mara, Saks carries that brand. I love Max Mara, and most the pieces from their main line is Made In Italy which is a big plus for me.

Below is a photo of the Chanel Cuba jacket. The photo is from their cruise catalog. It is quite similar to the Veronica Beard Eclipse in my opinion. See how high the armholes are in the photo? That's what I mean.... makes your arms look skinny and your torso nice and lean. Hope that makes sense.

Good luck to you!

IMG_1494433392.985821.jpg

Hi! I thought the jacket was off for me... for that style of jacket, I like a tailored look (e.g. my go to brand for work is Max Mara). The armholes in that jacket are cut too big and it causes the area between the armpit and upper waist to look undefined. Said another way, you cannot see the curve around my rib cage area (the armpit hole is too long), and that is a sloppy look to me. I hope that made sense. I also did not like that it was polyester. For business, I prefer to have some wool or cotton. Plus, the jacket itself looked a bit boring and frumpy in real life. That cut is just not for me but it may be great on you.

Since you mentioned the Robot jacket, maybe take a look at the Veronica Beard Eclipse jacket. It's gorgeous, has a nice slim fit and the fabric is cotton with a lot of texture. It is similar to me to the Ecru jacket in the Chanel Cuba collection. I love it and I noticed it's on sale now!

A few other comments... Neiman Marcus has a F&F sale going on and the VB windowpane jacket is there so you could get $125 back in a gift card.

Saks also has a sale now and if you are interested in Max Mara, Saks carries that brand. I love Max Mara, and most the pieces from their main line is Made In Italy which is a big plus for me.

Below is a photo of the Chanel Cuba jacket. The photo is from their cruise catalog. It is quite similar to the Veronica Beard Eclipse in my opinion. See how high the armholes are in the photo? That's what I mean.... makes your arms look skinny and your torso nice and lean. Hope that makes sense.

Good luck to you!

View attachment 3694502
Thank you! And yes, your description makes sense. It's hard to tell how the jacket is cut under the arms from the model photos online because of how she is standing. I actually tried on the Eclipse jacket and while I loved it, I found it a bit too casual for my office. And I love Max Mara! Such a classic and well-heeled aesthetic. It's a bit pricy for me at the moment though...maybe in a few years I will be able to stock up!

Thank you! And yes, your description makes sense. It's hard to tell how the jacket is cut under the arms from the model photos online because of how she is standing. I actually tried on the Eclipse jacket and while I loved it, I found it a bit too casual for my office. And I love Max Mara! Such a classic and well-heeled aesthetic. It's a bit pricy for me at the moment though...maybe in a few years I will be able to stock up!

One more thought... have you tried Theory? They are a lower price point than Max Mara and slightly less than Veronica Beard. Some of their suits are very classic.

I wear matched suits a lot, but for casual days, I wear a jacket and skirt combo. Max Mara has this gorgeous black skirt now on sale at Saks. I ordered one and went back to order a second. Great price and the skirt for me will be a workhorse with jackets. Price is 40% off! Fabric is gorgeous and drapes very well. Just FYI in case you are interested.