WILLIS Clubhouse!!!

I took another Willis out today.
marine%20willissm_zpsuop38nsf.jpg

Does anyone know what colors the Willis Anniversary bag came in? I'm not interested in the colorblock or black but mainly the vachetta, tans, and browns. I see a few on ebay but it's impossible to distinguish whether a bag is actually the raw vachetta or beige?
Did it come in both beige and vachetta?

TIA!

Does anyone know what colors the Willis Anniversary bag came in? I'm not interested in the colorblock or black but mainly the vachetta, tans, and browns. I see a few on ebay but it's impossible to distinguish whether a bag is actually the raw vachetta or beige?

TIA!

There was vachetta and cognac. Both had the legacy stripe lining. Later in the "legacy" collection Willis was available in sand which did not have the stripe lining. The long strap is shorter and the piece that clips the long strap to the bag is a dog leash clip instead of the older style. The marine and juniper Willis are also part of this legacy collection. Hope this helps.

TIA!

From what I recall (being a fan of "New Willis" myself -- I have six), there were three tans or browns.

First, understand that there were two types of of the "New Willis". .... New Willis started under the Poppy umbrella, then was done under the Legacy umbrella. Both versions were boutique styles.

(And the more I think about it, I *think* there actually were a very few Willises that showed up on the online outlet sale that were creeded as MFF. They were primarily only on the online outlet sale, while those Willises that showed up in actual store outlets were usually the boutique deletes. But anyway, in the case of those few MFF Willises, it was pretty obvious that they were just using up leftover leather. That is, the Willis line was no longer in the boutiques, but they still had leather left over. So what better to do than run a few more through the assembly line. Those bags were almost identical to the boutique bags, with the exception of possibly different color lining. But same hardware and same leather ---- they were pretty obviously just using up the left over supplies --- and then those bags went straight to the online outlet sale. And of course they did, then, get the telltale made for factory "F before the style number".)

But anyway, the "Poppy" flavor of Willis has a single tassel and a cut-out hangtag as decoration, and legacy striped lining. The "Legacy" flavor of Willis has two Legacy-style tassels just like the other 2011 Legacy bags of the time, and has monochrome lining (usually a pale cream color).

But there were three "browns".

The first was "British Tan". British tan is actually more of a brown. This was under the Poppy umbrella, and this is a pic of my own ---

picture.php

The next is vachetta, which was also under the Poppy umbrella, and this is a pic of my own ---

picture.php

The final "tan" color, at least that I can recall, was called "Sand", and fell under the Legacy umbrella. Ironically, the post just two above mine shows the Sand Willis.

Hope that helps. If there were browns I'm not remembering, I hope someone brings them up. :smile:

There was vachetta and cognac. Both had the legacy stripe lining. Later in the "legacy" collection Willis was available in sand which did not have the stripe lining. The long strap is shorter and the piece that clips the long strap to the bag is a dog leash clip instead of the older style. The marine and juniper Willis are also part of this legacy collection. Hope this helps.

Cognac? Are you thinking of British Tan?

I posted a pic of my "Poppy" flavor British Tan above, and the "official" color name was British Tan.

I don't recall any with the name "Cognac". (I'm not trying to be difficult, I promise :flowers:, and I do agree that those color names are usually similar. It's just that if she's looking things up on ebay, and people are selling these bags with the true name, they'll probably list them as "British Tan". That's the only reason I point it out. )

Cognac? Are you thinking of British Tan?

I posted a pic of my "Poppy" flavor British Tan above, and the "official" color name was British Tan.

I don't recall any with the name "Cognac". (I'm not trying to be difficult, I promise :flowers:, and I do agree that those color names are usually similar. It's just that if she's looking things up on ebay, and people are selling these bags with the true name, they'll probably list them as "British Tan". That's the only reason I point it out. )

Yes. British tan. In the legacy line there was a cognac I believe. But the poppy line had the British tan.

Yes. British tan. In the legacy line there was a cognac I believe. But the poppy line had the British tan.

Cool! Browns are always popular. I used to worry that my vachetta would be too much of a duplicate with my British tan, once the vachetta matures in color. But really, I guess you can't have too many browns.

I do not know what colour mine is. Anyone can help me? Thank you.
View attachment 3136552

Looks like legacy Sand. Does it have a tan cotton interior lining?

Yeah, purseaddict's is Sand Legacy. Not just the lining, but those double Legacy tassels (Legacy's had two tassels, Poppy's only had one).

But even more intrinsic to the bag, and something that could not be added, is those big leather loops at the bottom of each side of the top-handle (I think we'd both forgotten that difference last night). The Poppy's did not have those big leather loops, while the Legacy line did. I'm still not sure the "point" of those loops :thinking: as they sometimes seemed ungainly. But yeah, those loops mean Legacy.