William and Catherine, Prince and Princess of Wales

Christmas is my favourite time of the year, and I throw myself into it with abundance. We used to put up the three the evening of the 23rd or the morning of the 24th which is pretty normal in Germany (out it goes on Epiphany, but my mother grew tired of it before New Year's most years). Then The Plague came and we all needed some extra joy, so up in early December it goes now.

Also I only made it to 10 kinds of cookies this year (I may snuck in one or two more and plan to make candy closer to Christmas) and struck gold with a new recipe.

So, I'll happily vote for Christmas carols sung in a TV event in the UK because the more the merrier :lol: Also Kate, I love you, but please do not get out that awful cardigan again. Or maybe she was doing her very own Ugly Christmas Sweater Contest (and singlehandedly won!).

Christmas is my favourite time of the year, and I throw myself into it with abundance. We used to put up the three the evening of the 23rd or the morning of the 24th which is pretty normal in Germany (out it goes on Epiphany, but my mother grew tired of it before New Year's most years). Then The Plague came and we all needed some extra joy, so up in early December it goes now.

Also I only made it to 10 kinds of cookies this year (I may snuck in one or two more and plan to make candy closer to Christmas) and struck gold with a new recipe.

So, I'll happily vote for Christmas carols sung in a TV event in the UK because the more the merrier :lol: Also Kate, I love you, but please do not get out that awful cardigan again. Or maybe she was doing her very own Ugly Christmas Sweater Contest (and singlehandedly won!).
I think most people in the US put the tree up at least a week before Christmas. Some people in our neighborhood started putting up outside lights before Thanksgiving.
If you're paying $50 for a real treee that will be discarded right after Christmas, you may as well enjoy it for a few weeks. We just have a small fake tree. Glad you're doing up Christmas right :smile:

I think most people in the US put the tree up at least a week before Christmas. Some people in our neighborhood started putting up outside lights before Thanksgiving.
If you're paying $50 for a real treee that will be discarded right after Christmas, you may as well enjoy it for a few weeks. We just have a small fake tree. Glad you're doing up Christmas right :smile:
We get a real tree, but I get so nervous about fire when it dries out that I don’t like keeping it for more than three weeks total.