Will you resize your bracelet with local jeweler

deedeedor

O.G.
Dec 3, 2011
Will you resize your bracelet with your local jeweler?

i have been back and forth with VCA e-commerce with my online purchase.

1) wrong item sent......wait time
2) exchange.....wait time/ 4 weeks
3) resizing....wait time.../4weeks

After resizing, the 5 motif bracelet is still too long.

i am debating to sent it back to vca for resizing or just to take to my local regular jeweler and remove a couple of links for 20min wait time?

feed back?

Reactions: 880
Will you resize your bracelet with your local jeweler?

i have been back and forth with VCA e-commerce with my online purchase.

1) wrong item sent......wait time
2) exchange.....wait time/ 4 weeks
3) resizing....wait time.../4weeks

After resizing, the 5 motif bracelet is still too long.

i am debating to sent it back to vca for resizing or just to take to my local regular jeweler and remove a couple of links for 20min wait time?

feed back?

So sorry that happened! How many links were removed? Does the bracelet slide off your hand?

Reactions: deedeedor
I have a good relationship with my local jeweler, so I would ask if they could do it instead of waiting for weeks. But that’s just me; I’m impatient :smile:. most Tpfers would wait.

I took out 2 links.... still too big. Soooo sad

What length is your wrist? I have a thread right now asking about lengths of bracelets with different numbers of links removed. It's really essential to know your wrist size and what you want the finished length of your bracelet to be before having it sized. Maybe move on over to that thread and we can try to help you with your length.

i'm having an issue with the sizing of my bracelet as well. the SA removed too many links and it feels too tight.
can i just go to the boutique and drop them my bracelet or do i still need to schedule an appointment (NYC boutique)?
i'm not looking to purchase anything, i just want to have my bracelet resized. TIA.

Where did they take out the two links? Four links would make an equal chain length between the motifs and be about 6.9". So it sounds like you need the other two links taken out. But it doesn't really look too loose to me in that picture. The motifs are meant to dangle a little! I think mine is looser than that, and I am trying to decide how many links to remove, also!

i'm having an issue with the sizing of my bracelet as well. the SA removed too many links and it feels too tight.
can i just go to the boutique and drop them my bracelet or do i still need to schedule an appointment (NYC boutique)?
i'm not looking to purchase anything, i just want to have my bracelet resized. TIA.
Contact your SA and they should give you instructions.

My youngest daughter is now 24, but she was just like that! She has always loved jewelry and sends me pictures of jewelry pieces all the time! When she is home to visit, she always asks if I will get my jewelry out for her to look at! Now I see why you have the idea of the wg pave Alhambra pieces. I think the sweet wg pave pendant would work for her through most of her 20's, and at some point you could give her the vintage size. I was thinking of the sweet pave more for a 16 or 18 year old, but it sounds like your daughter might enjoy it now. I was just going to mention something like the single Tiffany DBTY necklace as being a good option, but it sounds like she likes the clovers!

they took out one link btw 1st and 2nd motif

1 link from4th n 5th motif

it makes the bracelet uneven but not obvious.

best resizing is to take out equal links in between each motif which I should have done.

Reactions: DS2006
they took out one link btw 1st and 2nd motif

1 link from4th n 5th motif

it makes the bracelet uneven but not obvious.

best resizing is to take out equal links in between each motif which I should have done.

I do think you'll like it better once they take out the other two links. I may try doing the same with my yellow gold bracelet the next time I go to a boutique.