Will you post close-up pics of mono speedies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouisGirl76

Jun 26, 2007
Hey everyone.......I have owned and then sold several mono speedies that I had authenticated at LV. All were real but there was a lot of variance on the monogram canvas. I found in general that the USA speedies had a darker, shinier, smoother canvas and the French speedies had a bumpier texture, lighter brown color, LVs appeared less yellow, and the canvas was slightly firmer than the USA canvas. However, I just sent my 2007 USA speedy into the LV "shop" for repairs on wrinkled handle tabs and bought a new "used" one from ebay while I wait. It's a 2001 USA in excellent condition...just starting to patina. John said it appears authentic and in all my speedy experience, I believe it is too....but this one has canvas more like the French speedies I've had in the past (It's the top left one in my pic). Perhaps USA used canvas just like France back in 2001, but not in more recent years?? Not sure...but I don't mind the difference. There are good points to both! ;)

Anyway, can you post close-up pics of your mono speedies and specify where yours was made and also share the date code? I'm interested to see any variations in canvas between years and "made in" locations. Anyone with two bags with different canvas, I'd love to see side by sides!

I'm posting a collage pic of all of the different speedies I've owned. The one with the darkest patina is French made and I think you can see the more textured grain of that canvas compared to all the other USA made speedies. However, my pics don't really capture the shine of the US ones. The French one actually appears shinier in my pic (almost disproving my point), but I believe the shine on the French one is due to the heavy amount of use of that bag. Just some observations....I'd love to see your pics and read your thoughts on canvas variations!

Attachments

• Speedy Collage.JPG
    Speedy Collage.JPG
    146.9 KB · Views: 105
I don't want to seem like I'm over-modding, but I'm close this thread as it's asking for too many specifics... we have many lurkers, some being counterfeiters fishing for info on how to make their fakes better, which we don't want to help out in any way! :Push: :sweatdrop:

Status
Not open for further replies.