Will you pay $2000 for a Caviar Coco Cabas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i paid $1995 before tax for my baby cabas and i think she's worth every penny (minus the quality blah). i'm not sure if $2k would be fine for the original cabas but it is very HTF. if it is in an almost new condition, why not? i'd rather get a leather than a vinyl one any time any day!

Well I wouldn't buy the Cabas, ever so clearly I'm no help. That said, I have a hard time paying over retail for these things. For the most part, they just aren't worth it to me. If you love it and feel that you will get used to it, then go for it.

i think you're talking about the vinyl cabas right? well retail for the baby one was $995 but are marked up to 2.5 times because of its popularity. i was lucky enough to get one at $995...so no i wouldn't pay double the price for it. but if it's your HG...and you can afford it, then go for it.

my HG is the violet jumbo from 06, i would pay double the price for it. but that's just me. everyone has values each bag different KWIM?

good luck!

Initially i was planning to pay premium price to buy a coco cabas vinyl. but seems like no luck unless i wish to pay up to 50% over the original price which is around $1500 !!!

I was looking at ebay today and saw a few Caviar coco cabas asking for $2000, compare to the vinyl one i am paying around 30% extra instead of 50%.. does the price $2000 sounds reasonable to you?

is both coco cabas already been discontinued?
Can you post a pic of this bag? Is it possible that it is still in stores I have may seen that bag not sure.

^ from what i know they're not in stores anymore. i got really lucky with mine as my SA got 4 way after they were 'sold out' from God knows where and she called me, my bff and i both got one each.

here's a pic of mine

IMG_1114.jpg

is the baby cabas still in production from Chanel or are they done w/ the design? I'm wondering if it'd be possible to get one from the boutique, if not now, whenever they bring in more..

I used to own a vinyl large coco cabas and paid for USD1695 too (it was double the price) from a consignment shop. It was a premier price that i paid for and luckily that i'm able to sell off at around this price too...*phew*

Anyway, i do own a baby cabas before too and paid for USD1850 and i think it's still not too bad since it's a leather bag as compared to vinyl cabas. If you asked me again if i will pay for $2k for the vinyl, i will said NO since it's not leather and it's already way too higher than retail which i don't think it's worth it and secondly if you wan to sell it off, i don't think u can sell it at the price that u bought.

However, if you asked if i will pay for my other HG bags esp the violet, yes i will go for it...hehe

The leather retails for $1798 in the US, plus tax, depending on where you purchase the bag. Tax can be anywhere from 5% to 8.5%, so $2000 is not that much over retail. After ebay fees and paypal fees, the seller is making a little over $100 profit. On the other hand, the markup on the vinyl bags is ridiculous!

^ The leather cabas retailed last for $1999 i believe, please correct me if i'm wrong. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.