will you let your toddler hold a LV bag?

imeelove

Jan 17, 2009
okay so we're all LV fanatics and some are mothers here. i have never seen anyone of us posting pix with their little ones owning or holding a LV bag. what is your opinion regarding this? i have a friend who does and it's sooo cute.:love:

will you let your toddler hold or own an LV bag? take a look at this adorable pix

2wqe645.jpg

Last edited:
will you let your toddler hold or own an LV bag? take a lot at this adorable pix

ohhh, what a cutie pie!!! I have a daughter almost the same age, she can appreciate the beauty of my LV bags but never had interest of carrying it. Still too young to own one.;)

My mum went to HK and bought me two Damier Pochette Accessoires - one genuine, one fake as a joke (she gave me the fake one in place of the genuine, with boxes and receipts and everything!) :blah:
Needless to say, the I kept the genuine one and didn't know what to do with the fake - so I gave it to my 2 year old niece to fling around!

So in my opinion, if you have the money and the love and it's not a problem to buy LV for your kiddie, do it! If not, they have a million other things to play with and many years ahead of them to appreciate the good stuff :smile:

Personally though, I've always thought about buying small pieces for my future daughter's 'milestone' birthdays and giving it all to her once she turns 18 or 21 - when she can appreciate it without killing the beauties!

No, my dd isn't allowed to touch my LV! It may sound mean but her fingers could be sticky, have food on them, etc.

She understands she isn't allowed to touch the purses that are in my cabinet (those are LV) but in my closet, she can play with those (Coach). I have given her several Coach purses & wristlets to play with. She fills them up with her toys or "monies."

I don't see myself buying her an LV until maybe around 12...that's if she's interested in having one. I think that's a good age to understand the importance of an LV and to take care of it.

Having said all of that, she would love to get her hands on my Wilshire Blvd in Rose Pop! She's definitely going to be a girly girl!

Before I sold my Papillon and mini papillon, I used the latter to hold pacifiers a rolled up flannel (for emergencies). My baby girl wasn't terribly into it at that time but a lot of people got a kick out of seeing me carry the bigger Papillon and the mini one hanging next to her in her pram.

She is into zips now so there is a twinge of regret that I didn't hold onto the Papillon and mini Papillon.

Oh well...there are other options....right? :smile:

There were previous threads on this before and if I recalled, it lead to some "hot debates" with some agreeing and disagreeing. Imo, there's nothing wrong buying your toddler one if you can afford it though and let them use it for fun.

I don't have any kids but if they were clean (no messy fingers, etc.) I wouldn't have a problem with them holding something! I actually think it would be adorable!

But I would NEVER EVER let my neices and nephews touch my stuff!

Although its cute on other peoples kids I WOULDNT buy LV for MY toddler. I think kids should have toys that its ok to play with and drag through the mud or be touched by whatever their dirty little fingers encounter that day. I was a girly girl and I had a little purse that I took EVERYWHERE and it didnt stay in GREAT shape... I would wait and purchase one when my daughter was old enough to understand and appreciate it like me(I got my first for my sweet 16). Growing up I had too much handed to me so at the ripe old age of 23 (JK) I am now learning the value of a dollar. I want my children to earn items or be rewarded with them so they understand the value of the money used to purchase said item!!!

it's interesting to know your views and although i find it very cute for a toddler holding LV bag, i wouldnt let mine either. my DD is 10 and we agreed i'll let her use my bags when she turned 16.