Will you do an exchange

I have a Birkin 30 stamp J in Brique Clemence leather. Somehow the Color didn't grow on me. Someone offers to exchange her Kelly 35 stamp O in orange swift leather with some topup. Will you go for the deal?
I have a canvas Garden Party and a Rubis Evelyn III in Clemence leather currently.

Why are they asking for topup? Just because its more new? Generally Bs are a margin more expensive than kellies; used Bs in pretty beat up condition - showing corner wear, handle darkening, scratched hardware etc etc are normally priced around 7000 usd on average. Kellies in similar condition can go down to 5000. Also, with the current market climate, a k35 will be in less demand than a b30 so the markup makes even less sense. Of course I dont know the specifics on condition...

Also swift leather looses its structurе ery easily. Especially in size 35 kelly.

B30s are in demand now. Unless this swift kelly is something you actually really want (as opposed to just settling for the next best option) I would suggest selling your b30 and then getting something you really love.

Hi thanks for your advise
Maybe I didn't write it properly
I mean the person is willing to topup another 1k along with her Kelly for my Birkin
I'm not using the Birkin enough, and the Color is so not me :sad: I cannot justify the price :sad:

Why are they asking for topup? Just because its more new? Generally Bs are a margin more expensive than kellies; used Bs in pretty beat up condition - showing corner wear, handle darkening, scratched hardware etc etc are normally priced around 7000 usd on average. Kellies in similar condition can go down to 5000. Also, with the current market climate, a k35 will be in less demand than a b30 so the markup makes even less sense. Of course I dont know the specifics on condition...

Also swift leather looses its structurе ery easily. Especially in size 35 kelly.

B30s are in demand now. Unless this swift kelly is something you actually really want (as opposed to just settling for the next best option) I would suggest selling your b30 and then getting something you really love.
The Kelly is definitely newer then my Birkin even though I send mine for a spa recently. Pay 1k for it. The person is willing to topup another 1k in cash, I am tempted :sad:
It's just not the Color I fancy and I find it too small for work. Ur right to say I shouldn't settle for a second choice, I have another day to think over :sad:

For me, I don't think an orange Kelly in 35 is that useful. It's big and bright and I agree with the others, not a fan of swift for a Kelly that size. I agree to sell your a brique and get a bag you really want. B35s are quite reasonably priced these days.

I think the K sounds very nice if Orange is a colour you really like. The K 35 is very ol' school (Grace Kelly seems to have made this her day size) and the bright colour modernises it. I love Swift and it'll be easy to spa but you have to love the colour of any H bag otherwise you'll be in the same position as you're currently in all over again.

Last edited:
I wouldn't get a K35 in orange swift in part because I would be worried about it not holding up well. I have a small pouch in orange chevre and it shows dirt easily, much more than for example bougainvillea or rose lipstick. Also, I had a swift bag in rouge H and it stared to darken at the corners. I would only get swift light colors in a small bag.

For me, I don't think an orange Kelly in 35 is that useful. It's big and bright and I agree with the others, not a fan of swift for a Kelly that size. I agree to sell your a brique and get a bag you really want. B35s are quite reasonably priced these days.
Mine is a B30 and I have placed it for sale
But prob Brique is too oldish
No one expresses interest for it :sad: :sad: