Will you buy an Hermes Kelly that was restamped?

Will you buy an Hermes Kelly that was restamped?

• Total voters
For me, if it was at a good price and authentic, then it wouldn’t bother me at all. I would be glad the seller disclosed the information that many would have overlooked. For this specific bag, nearly 16K sgd I think is fair if the work done was from the Hermes spa. The color is beautiful!

As @Yoshi1296 pointed out, Hermes does offer to restamp. I am not sure if it is still offered though. But, the bag could have been restamped by a third party. I did recently see a Kelly that was restamped after being repainted by a third party.
Ya.. I tot the price is quite fair too. But still risky to spend $16k on a bag that may not be accepted by Hermes Spa.

The consignment shop said seller did not get it restamp. It was like that.
I guess with their experience of selling H bags, they might have found the stamp “weird” too.

Ya.. I tot the price is quite fair too. But still risky to spend $16k on a bag that may not be accepted by Hermes Spa.

I guess with their experience of selling H bags, they might have found the stamp “weird” too.
This suggests to me the consignor is not the original purchaser of the bag.

Reactions: kuwa and skyqueen

It's not just a question if being refused for Spa or repair anymore.

Hermes gets all customers to sign a doc that gives H the right to destroy any bag it finds is a fake. There was an instance or a mou or flat or folding K (sorry can't remember exactly) but certainly ltd ed/short run, and the team that looked at the bag determined it was a fake when it was not. I think the client had a fight on her hands to get the bag returned, never mind spad.

Being completely honest, it is barely noticeable until it was pointed out. Can hardly even see it zoomed in, let alone if you were walking out in the streets. However, $16k is A LOT of money, emphasis on A LOT. I would say no to buying it because you don’t seem 100% happy with the bag, and for that price, you should be over the moon about your purchase (this is just the sense I’m getting).

Others have a great point about getting the bag authenticated if you do decide to go through with the purchase; however, authentications themselves aren’t exactly super cheap either and I’d save myself the extra $100 and just wait patiently for another K28 ultraviolet/ iris/crocus to pop up that will make you truly happy, the way you deserve to feel when spending that kind of cash :smile:

I try not to question their ethic but at the end of the day, the consignment shop is there to sell products. They might've had a slip up authenticating this bag (whoever handled the transaction at that moment) but if someone's willing to take it off their hand, I don't think they would have problem letting go of a potential faulty bag. There are so many risks on your end to bear, unless you really love this bag but as everybody has mentioned, Hermes may decline to service your bag, or even destroy it if they deem it to be a counterfeit. $16k is too much of a sunk cost imo.

I am on travel and would be happy to post a picture once I return. I have a 20/20 vision. When I first glanced it, I could tell it was restamped. I didn’t really care as I would never sell it. At least for now:smile:

I guess with their experie of selling H bags, they might have found the stamp “weird” too.

IF this is a must have bag & since the consignment shop may not be totally positive
that this bag is authentic, why not ask them to authenticate the bag for you?
For 16K there should be no reason not to stand behind the sale, JMO
They will have piece of mind, the consignor will have piece of mind & most important YOU
will have piece of mind.

Reactions: Hermes Zen