Will you buy an Hermes Kelly that was restamped?

Will you buy an Hermes Kelly that was restamped?

• Total voters
Aug 3, 2018
Hi all,
I came across my dream bag from a reputable consignment store- Hermes Kelly 28 in ultraviolet Clemence leather GHW.

However, noted in the descriptions that the logo had been restamped.

I would love to get your opinions on whether u will buy a restamped Hermes bag.
- not sure who restamped the logo, will Hermes Spa reject servicing the bag if the restamp wasn’t done by them?
- could be turn out to be a super fake since it’s hard to tell from the heat stamp and it looks blurry?

Many thanks for sharing your tots!

521526AE-9E66-407E-A2C3-C92898847EE9.jpeg

99140EEC-DE98-49CD-BF33-3E1FA1A00473.jpeg

If the bag is authentic, comes with a good price you are willing to pay, you love the specifications (color, size, leather etc..) , not buying it for resale, why not?

other concers:

Always have the bag authenticated by a professional before and after buying.
Ask seller question regarding where the restamping was done. Walk away from it if seller cannot answer the question that concerns you the most.

Personally, I wouldn’t because I know for a fact that if it wasn’t restamped by Hermes, you can’t have it spa’d by them anymore. But if that doesn’t bother you and if it’s been a difficult search for this exact bag with the price point you like then go for it haha

Reactions: lil_twin_stars
I’ve had third party professionals take Birkins and make fun art bags (metallic charcoal gray; splatters; etc) which covers the stamp, but the original (clean) stamp was certainly there at time of authentication and my subsequent purchase. I believe a reputable consignment seller would have already specified the circumstances of Re stamping and provenance. Not certain that I’ve heard of this being done, idk. Are you certain it’s authentic ( as in @bababebi certain)

Last edited:
For me, if it was at a good price and authentic, then it wouldn’t bother me at all. I would be glad the seller disclosed the information that many would have overlooked. For this specific bag, nearly 16K sgd I think is fair if the work done was from the Hermes spa. The color is beautiful!

As @Yoshi1296 pointed out, Hermes does offer to restamp. I am not sure if it is still offered though. But, the bag could have been restamped by a third party. I did recently see a Kelly that was restamped after being repainted by a third party.

definitely get the information on who restamped it. FYI, Hermes does restamp bags if the original logo is faded. This happened to me and my local store sent it to Paris. I was specifically told only Paris has the machine to align them properly.
Interesting! Key here is “only Paris has the machine to align them properly.”. An eagle-eyed poster above noted some odd alignment and bag had previous letters underneath? It’s a chance to take with this bag.

definitely get the information on who restamped it. FYI, Hermes does restamp bags if the original logo is faded. This happened to me and my local store sent it to Paris. I was specifically told only Paris has the machine to align them properly.
Can I ask how your restamp turned out? Any photos to share?

I read in the forum that Hermes does restamp if logo is faded, but there is a risk of blurred letters.