Will White Epi = High Maintenance?

Emily83

Cupid's Chokehold
Jul 30, 2006
Hey Everyone...

So, I have read that white is going to be the next Epi color and I think a white Speedy would be absolutely TDF, particularly for a summer bag...however, I tend to freak out when my bags get dirty, so I am wondering how much upkeep this bag would require...obviously it is white, but I know Epi is a great low maintenance bag. What do all of you with Epi experience think? Would the handles and bottom of bag be absolutely gross if used daily for several months? :confused1:

I am not sure what would happen really. I'll definately buy something in white Epi, but would probably save it just for special occasions. I know my Jasmin in myrtille is in great shape after a lot of use, but white? I just don't know.

I have a Epi wallet in lilac. It's durable but the leather at the corners and edges did chip off over time. I think the chances of having the same thing happened to a handbag is smaller....as for wallet you usually just throw it inside the bag, it's hard to take good care of.

With the ease of use of the epi leather I think the white should be fine. It seems that other white leathers would be harder to maintain. I actually had this all though through the other day when I heard that there would be white epi leather. I think a white epi leather purchase is easily justifiable!!! :wlae:

I love epi, but not really a fan of all white colored bags. The leather is very durable, but if you got a pen mark it'd be a lot more difficult to remove obviously than say black. I'd probably be too paranoid/nervous to use it! :shrugs:

I think it'll get dirty so you might need to clean it more often than the other epi colors. My friend has a mandarin epi wallet that she used 24/7 for the past 2 years and I saw her over the weekend and her wallet is so nasty looking. Dirty and nasty...:yucky: I told her to please clean your baby more often! :P

I think it will get "dirty" more easily...just because it's white and surface dirt will show up easier...but overall, it'll probably still be very low maintenance!

I was wondering the same thing. One of the appeals of the epi line to me is that they're fairly low maintenance...but I just don't know about a white epi bag. I'm thinking any white leather bag will require a little extra precaution and care because dirt and other marks will be a lot more noticeable.

this has never been an issue to me. r u willing to wipe off the dirt after every time u use it? if not, don't buy. i've white jpg. after each use, dirt or not, i wipe off the leather with wet tissue.

I think it will depend on how "rough" someone is with her handbags. So far, epi has been very durable for me.

White sounds lovely, but will it discolor over time like the lighter vernis colors?