Will we ever be able to fully customize RM bags?

D

diorfashion

I did a search before posting this and couldn't find anything. I seem to recall during last fall's Luna Boston chat mentioning something about customized bags and just recently read that more designers are venturing into the customization arena with the success of designers like Ignes and BE. How would we feel about being able to fully customize our RM bags?

That would be awesome but I don't think it will happen anytime soon to be honest. The closest we get is our Special Orders.. If they have the leather available we are able to pick what color, style, hardware and often lining.

The thing is that there is a minimum.. so you have to have at least 8 people who want the same bag which can get a bit difficult.

I would love that.

Imagine being able to pick you lining, hardware style/color. zipper track color, tassels, no tassels, and don't get me started on the leather.

Imagine being able to choose strap drop? What about having out personal monograms embossed onto the bag?

I'm getting waaaaaay ahead of myself here!!! BUt it does sound so fun!!

I would love to do individual custom orders as well, but as LR said, I don't think that will happen any time soon.

The minimum used to be 12 girls, but they dropped it to 8 just recently for an SO. However, that's for bags made in the USA. For leather from China, the minimum is a whopping 25 girls.

It's so hard enough getting 8 girls to agree on a bag!!!

baghag: I hope she is toying with the idea!! Where did you read that? Do you remember?

Ahhhh, it was for some magazine that Megs posted. . . .she was talking about her spring line and the interviewer asked about bespoke . . . let me think. You know I'm old Lana, these things take time to remember. . . LOL!

In the past when I inquired about a special one of a kind bag that they only had enough leather to fulfill 1 order on, they told me it would be an additional $150 plus the retail price of the bag to be able to have it made. RM states that there is an additional surcharge to have just 1 bag made, which makes sense because BE also charges an extra 10-20% to bespoke a bag that is only for you, and not a group order.

I also recall when the sage stamp nikki was made- there was only 3 of those that would be able to get made, and it was a whopping $750 for them!