Will this texture age gracefully?

Our PurseForum community is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker. Thank you!
  1. Hi,

I found a ring on Etsy I would like to use as a right hand ring as well as a fake wedding ring on travels. But I am a bit worried on how the texture will age.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/553174588/wedding-band-unique-wedding-band-wedding

Does anybody have experience with similar surfaces in 18k gold? I would wear the ring maybe 2 times a week.

Thank you!

2. I don't think the glittered texture will be long lasting.
    Also, it looks like costume jewellery, way too thick to look like a 'fake' wedding band.

3. Thanks for your feedback. I actually like the thick look, but I suspect you will be right regarding the glittery surface. I like it looks a bit like concrete, but rubbed off spots would really bother me. 18k gold is not resistant after all.

4. You’ll likely get shiny spots from wear.

I don’t see a problem with the thickness. It’s called a pipe cut. I have that thick a wedding band.

papertiger likes this.
  5. Personally, I don't think this will age or wear well. I can see the texture wearing off with time & wear leaving bald spots. I don't think the thickness would be a problem except with the fingers next to it. It might work for occasional wear for a funky fun look but I can't see this as an everyday ring. JMO

6. Thank you for all of your feedback. I will save for something like this ring instead. I have wanted something like this ring for years. When the matte structure is not nice anymore here, I can get it polished and it will still be a very nice ring. It is more expensive, but I am not settling anymore when it comes to jewelry.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/585173876/bombay-wedding-ring-jewelry-engagement?ref=related-1&frs=1

Do you know any similar rings except for the Tiffany Etoile (too close to an actual wedding ring)? I am also interested in colored diamonds or sapphires for the stones.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice