Will this crease stay in the bag always?!

I wouldn’t keep any of them. The lining of the Totally “floats” inside the bag, it’s not like a Neverfull or a Speedy — in these bags, the lining is directly attached to the canvas. When it comes to the Totally, you can stuff the bag as much as you want, you won’t be able to completely bulge the canvas out, so even though the crease might become more subtle with use, it might never completely go away.
oh yeah! I forgot the lining in the totally is like that. I had a pm size once.. but still.. The lining would go lower than where the crease is so should be able to stuff it

Let me help:
The Speedy and the Neverfull are bad examples. Of course they can be folded, but folding them only affects the canvas. The piping of the Speedy is intact when folded.
On this Totally the piping is bent. The canvas can revert to normal in time, but the piping most probably won’t. Inside of it is a small plastic tube to make the shape. Imagine a plastic straw in Starbucks. Bend it and straighten it again. It will never be the same. Not just the looks, but the structure of it.
So basically you can stuff it all you want, even if the canvas will look better eventually, the deformation of the piping won’t really go away.
I would recommend you to return it. Sorry.

Thanks so much to everyone that responded! I didnt think about the tibing in the piping. I got a bag organizer to go in it and it looks a little better. I will havr to think about it some more.

I got this totally and someone must have stored it folded and now there is a huge crease in it and bag doesnt really stand up on own much. You can see it plain as day and is very noticeable when carrying it. Will this crease stay in it forever?!View attachment 4406678 View attachment 4406679
That’ll come out.

I’m so jealous you have the original model!
Mine is the newer one. Huge quality difference.

I store mine with airpaper to keep the shape.

That’ll come out.

I’m so jealous you have the original model!
Mine is the newer one. Huge quality difference.

I store mine with airpaper to keep the shape.
Do you find the canvas is rubbery or just smooth ? Do the smaller handles cut into your shoulder? I tried both old and new model and the old model with wider straps stayed on my shoulder much better.

Do you find the canvas is rubbery or just smooth ? Do the smaller handles cut into your shoulder? I tried both old and new model and the old model with wider straps stayed on my shoulder much better.
The canvas on the new model is definitely more Rubbery. The skinny straps do not bother me personally but the wider straps on the old models are definitely better quality and more comfortable. I own the trifecta. I wore DE over the last week. My DA Is the new model also. I definitely utilize my mono which is the original model significantly more.

I know a lot of people like the Iena. That also has the similar straps as the new model totally. Overtime you definitely find more strings. Also with the square small hardware the top is prone to crack. Something about the redesign when they placed the hardware Or maybe the shape causes the top when zippered to almost fold squared when it’s on your shoulder. And that’s where the cracking will start near the zipper.

Hi [emoji4]. Can you please post a pic of the Totally new model? I thought it was the Iena which was relased when Totally has been discontinued. Im I wrong? There really exists a new model of the Totally? I own a Totally pm in DA and wore it to death.She is 12 years old and a little battered but still wearable. I also own an Iena mm DE and I find that there’s no comparison between the two. Totally is definitely better made while Iena looks a little “poor” in comparison with the addition of those orribile folded corners!
TIA [emoji847]

Hi [emoji4]. Can you please post a pic of the Totally new model? I thought it was the Iena which was relased when Totally has been discontinued. Im I wrong? There really exists a new model of the Totally? I own a Totally pm in DA and wore it to death.She is 12 years old and a little battered but still wearable. I also own an Iena mm DE and I find that there’s no comparison between the two. Totally is definitely better made while Iena looks a little “poor” in comparison with the addition of those orribile folded corners!
TIA [emoji847]
You are correct that the Iena replaces the totally. Totally was discontinued.
The original totally had oval rings and better canvas. The DA pictured in this thread shows the original model. I thought the straps were a bit wider too but I’d have to check mine.

The new model is the DE picture posted herewith.

The Iena is the replacement now.

I used a postage note to show the string and crack starting.

I also tried to capture the square like top it does....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 189
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 188
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 183
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 188
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 186
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 186
Reactions: Sonmi999
Let me help:
The Speedy and the Neverfull are bad examples. Of course they can be folded, but folding them only affects the canvas. The piping of the Speedy is intact when folded.
On this Totally the piping is bent. The canvas can revert to normal in time, but the piping most probably won’t. Inside of it is a small plastic tube to make the shape. Imagine a plastic straw in Starbucks. Bend it and straighten it again. It will never be the same. Not just the looks, but the structure of it.
So basically you can stuff it all you want, even if the canvas will look better eventually, the deformation of the piping won’t really go away.
I would recommend you to return it. Sorry.
Excellent point!

I didn’t look at the piping..

You are correct that the Iena replaces the totally. Totally was discontinued.
The original totally had oval rings and better canvas. The DA pictured in this thread shows the original model. I thought the straps were a bit wider too but I’d have to check mine.

The new model is the DE picture posted herewith.

The Iena is the replacement now.

I used a postage note to show the string and crack starting.

I also tried to capture the square like top it does....

I have a crack in the canvas on my Totally exactly in the place of the fold in your third pick. And it happened to my mother’s Totally as well. Consider both our bags are more than 10 years old so I consider it normal wear and tear.
By the way ...Totally was definitely a better made bag than the Iena. For sure! [emoji4]

I have a crack in the canvas on my Totally exactly in the place of the fold in your third pick. And it happened to my mother’s Totally as well. Consider both our bags are more than 10 years old so I consider it normal wear and tear.
By the way ...Totally was definitely a better made bag than the Iena. For sure! [emoji4]

Oh no! I was planning on getting the iena and have heard only good things about it. Now a bit doubtful after reading all your comments. Lightweight and so comfortable, huge interior and great organisation, these are the comments that I’ve read and seen on YouTube.