Will the strap work on a speedy?

LVLover

Hermes Only
O.G.
Jan 18, 2006
I went marathon shopping in Atlanta this weekend and used my mc speedy. It was hard to use a handheld bag cuz of all the shopping bags. I got to thinking and wordered if the strap (the one with the two clips on the end) would work on the speedy, tus allowing the bag to be worn on the shoulder or messenger style. I know it might not look the greatest but sometimes exceptions need to be made!

Personally I won't do that. I won't put any strap on my speedy, alam ect just because it looks weird IMO.
But it's your bag, if you like it why not? It's will be one bulky messenger bag.

I don't think the speedy was meant to be worn with a strap. It's only by preference . The alma actually has to extra ring hooks on the handles to accommodate a strap. I had straps just to free up my hands for carrying extra shopping bags, packages, etc, but really come to regret it as my speedys would get really dirty from rubbing against the brass including the handles and the extra strap... Would not recommend it. Again, its an individual preference... IMO

IMO, I think the speedy looks better with the strap than the Alma. To me, the Alma looks more like a handheld bag because of the shape. I've seen some vintage speedy's with the strap and I like the way it looked. I still prefer to carry by hand, but it's nice to know you can use the shoulder strap if need be.

i bought the strap for my speedy 30 upon my SA's recommendation. and it works pretty good in my opinion. i don't think it looks bad/weird seeing the stap on a speedy.

i bought the strap for my speedy 30 upon my SA's recommendation. and it works pretty good in my opinion. i don't think it looks bad/weird seeing the stap on a speedy.

Same here on my SA recommendation when I purchased my speedy 35 - I don't use it all the time but when I know I am going to do some power shopping and I use my speedy I use the strap. :smile:

IMO, I think the speedy looks better with the strap than the Alma. To me, the Alma looks more like a handheld bag because of the shape. I've seen some vintage speedy's with the strap and I like the way it looked. I still prefer to carry by hand, but it's nice to know you can use the shoulder strap if need be.

ITA!

I saw a lady in the parking lot at work carrying a vintage speedy with a mono strap. I thought it looked good on her. I wouldn't mind having a strap for mine.

i use the long strap on my speedys (30 + 40) but it will NOT work on the mc speedy.... the mc speedy has thicker hardward. but for the mono it works for me. not all the time- but when i need it.