Will the So Kate stretch out even more ??

BettySpagetty

Oct 29, 2014
Poland
I received my first Loubs (So Kate patent) on Christmas. My regular size is 36 and first they were really tight. my SA told me they will work out great and told me not to go down in size cause they will be even more tight when my feet get swollen. I haven't worn them outside yet
just been walking around the house to stretch them out and practice to walk in them. And I have worn a sock inside for a couple of minutes just to stretch them out a little bit more.
I also have an insole just cause they hurt like hell in the beginning.
And about 10 minutes ago when I put my beauties on and removed my insoles they were too big !!!!!! My right foot literally slips out when walking and the left one is about to pop out as well ! Will they stretch out even more ?? Should I take a half size down next time I get another colour of So Kate ?

But !!!! They have become VERY comfy though !!!! My toes do not hurt anymore I just feel sometimes that the actual bone inside my foot hurts but I can live with that. Just worried they will be too big even with the insole inside

LavenderIce

Vintage CLs please
O.G.
Dec 19, 2006
I wish my CLs would stretch out like that. None of mine do. I guess I don't wear them often enough. :P

Were your feet colder when they were slipping out? I do notice a difference when my feet are hot and more swollen vs. when they are cold.

mIella

Feb 28, 2016
In my experience my patent So Kate did stretch out a little as initially they were hurting my feet but now it's fine. However they stopped stretching out further after a month of use despite a show stretcher and the Vaseline and blow dryer trick, which is a little disappointing since the toe box could stretch a little more to be more comfy! I think my suede pair is conforming to my feet a bit better now, though they are newer.

Sep 27, 2014
Germany
The problem with wearing socks in them to stretch them is that the heel part stretches, too. I only use lotion on my toes to help making the shoe more comfy in the toebox and to slide in easier. I don`t wear socks to stretch them, because I`m afraid that the heel part will stretch too much and I´ll slip out of the shoe. I heard of people cutting the socks and use only the toe part to stretch the toebox.

sharon100

Oct 19, 2011
The problem with wearing socks in them to stretch them is that the heel part stretches, too. I only use lotion on my toes to help making the shoe more comfy in the toebox and to slide in easier. I don`t wear socks to stretch them, because I`m afraid that the heel part will stretch too much and I´ll slip out of the shoe. I heard of people cutting the socks and use only the toe part to stretch the toebox.
I did exactly that worn socks to stretch out a pair of old style pigalies and the heel cup got baggy and dispite those shoes fitting still snug on my toes I could not keep them on my heels so be careful stretching pumps with socks , since then I only use lotion on my fore foot and toes to help my toes into position and let the shoe box mold to the shape of my toes , kind of works for me this way best .

Reactions: scarletforever