Will the outlet hold a bag for you?

giggles016

O.G.
Aug 16, 2009
I was wondering if the outlets will hold a bag for you. Does anyone know? Is that the same thing as a charge hold? I am planning on making a trip tomorrow, and was hoping that I could call today and see if they have the bags I am interested in and have them hold them.

Mine will hold clearance items for me, but only because they know me well. Even when they do hold the stuff for me, they say "we aren't supposed to hold clearance items".

My outlet refused to hold a clearance bag for me, until I asked about the charge hold (I had heard about it here.)

The SA then asked the manager and came back saying it would be OK, and passed me on to someone else. But they didn't just take my CC info, she actually ran the sale through and told me that it had been OK'd etc. Then I signed the cc slip when I went in to pick up the bag. I guess if I hadn't liked the bag, I would have had to go through the return process.

She said I had to pick it up within 14 days. Anyone know what happens if one can't get in to pick up the bag within that time frame??

Last edited:
I called this morning about a couple of items and they were willing to do a charge hold on the items they had in stock, but wouldn't do the 48 hour hold b/c they were on clearance. I think this is pretty much the norm, though there are some differences across outlets, as with everything else associated w/ Coach sales practices.