Will the Madness Ever Stop?

mercx5

May 19, 2006
Buying LVs, that is. Curious to know from fans who had been buying for more than 1 year or more.

I project myself 6 months, 1 year, 2 years down the road and I come to the same conclusion if I continue to be obsessed, i.e. BROKE, BROKE, AND STILL BROKE. This is a very costly obsession and am leading me nowhere but just short term satisfaction. I feel I am working for LV, that is my salary goes towards buying their stuffs. :smile: Any thoughts? :smile:

In my experience, anything I get a passion for is like that at first! Then I get a handle on it & start to sell off the ones I am not so fond of as I refine my collection. Then I get a lot more choosy & careful.

One year ago, I purchased all the mandarin items I could find. Since then, I have added a few items, but not at the earlier pace. Personally, I like to spend my disposable income on other things.

Nope... and even when you're broke, you're looking for your next fix. :sweatdrop:

I'm not in the poorhouse yet, but you will start to slow down or just put yourself on ban for a while. :rolleyes:

Have fun!! :wlae:

Nope --- it doesn't look like it's going to stop. In fact, I am "needing" more LV!

Nordstroms is having their half-yearly sale and I'm not even going there this time because I'm holding out for the Silver Miroir Lockit, Azur Berkeley, and an Amarante bag, and.... you get the picture. I would rather spend my money on LV. I really need help.

Claire, I totally agree! It only gets worse and where you may refine your taste I now want LE items that range from $2500 and up! And I always find a way to justify my "needs", but I know what you mean about feeling like you work for LV!

I have been very careful in selecting my LV items and plan to purchase mainly limited editions in the future. I can't see myself selling any of the LV bags I currently own (if I want to sell something, it is ususally a Balenciaga). If I don't like a LV limited edition after seeing it IRL I will use funds I had reserved to purchase a bag from the permanent collection (Berkeley, anyone? :smile:)