Will The collection ever be complete?

Impulser

Feb 18, 2009
I feel like my collection will never be complete. I had about 90 bags in 2006. I didnt like most of the bags due to growing out of my teenage style, new views or was not high fashion enough. When I was done donating or consigning I was left with about 7 purses in early 2008. Now my bags are in the 30s. It has not been a full year and my collection will ever stop growing. I do not think I will ever be satisfied. Are there any ladies that feel that they will buy bags till they are 90 too or are you just looking for a few things to complete the collection like the perfect hermes, chanel or LV?:biggrin:

This is very interesting to me because I've noticed that some people accumulate while others don't. To me, the finding of a bag after a long search is the best part, so sometimes I lose interest once I have the bags. There are exceptions, of course. Anyway, if I had to choose between the revolving Lazy Susan concept and the museum concept for my collection, I'd go with the first one.

This is very interesting to me because I've noticed that some people accumulate while others don't. To me, the finding of a bag after a long search is the best part, so sometimes I lose interest once I have the bags. There are exceptions, of course. Anyway, if I had to choose between the revolving Lazy Susan concept and the museum concept for my collection, I'd go with the first one.

I agree. I forgot about "the chase" feeling. But I do this with other parts of my wardrobe too. I used to accumulate but space becomes tight!!.

I'm a big believer in rotation. If I don't get that "electric" feeling when looking at a bag anymore, it goes. I used to feel like I should keep everything and have a real collection, but if you look at clothes, who keeps some of the stuff that used to be cool? Lace leggings? Acid wash jeans? Bubble skirts? Stuff has it's time and some stuff is just not forever.

I like to think I believe in 'rotation' but I keep most of my bags. After searching high and low for a particular bag, I feel as though I can never get rid of it :smile:

I'm not a collector. . . . but for me the answer could still be no.
Even though I am not collecting, my small group/collection is ever evolving as I refuse to keep stuff I don't use. So I can imagine I'll always be moving one out, then one in.
I can't personally imagine having 20, 30 or more bags though.

I don't think my collection will ever be complete, but I don't just keep buying ... I sell the ones I have lost interest in to fund others. I wouldn't be too comfortable having my collection become too large either because it would be difficult to make use of them all. I think anything over 20 bags for me is too much and time to start cleaning things out (and truthfully something more like 10 bags would be better for me, but I find it hard to whittle them down that far!).

I do see only a bag or two that I will sell as they're only just a little bit pretty. I do not think that I will ever be completely satisfied even though I am extremely picky when it comes to bags as long as handbag designing and retailing exists.

I am of the rotating handbag collection...I used to keep all of my bags and had abou 30 odd bags, but them whittled down to 4-5. Now I am at around 10 bags that I use all of the time and truly love. I sell/buy/donate bags continuously, because my tastes change and because I simply don't like to have anything in the house that I don't actually use. (This goes for clothes, shoes, etc). I am the anti-clutter. :nuts:

I'm a big believer in rotation. If I don't get that "electric" feeling when looking at a bag anymore, it goes. I used to feel like I should keep everything and have a real collection, but if you look at clothes, who keeps some of the stuff that used to be cool? Lace leggings? Acid wash jeans? Bubble skirts? Stuff has it's time and some stuff is just not forever.

Your post made me smile because in New york vintage shops acid wash, lace leggings and bubble skirts are a hot item. But I agre with you totally. Everything i buy since I turned 23 has to be able to look good on me when I'm 60.

I'm not a collector. . . . but for me the answer could still be no.
Even though I am not collecting, my small group/collection is ever evolving as I refuse to keep stuff I don't use. So I can imagine I'll always be moving one out, then one in.
I can't personally imagine having 20, 30 or more bags though.

I always imagined you to have two rooms in your house dedicated to bags. I like this idea but online selling is too scary these days for my taste.

I don't think my collection will ever be complete, but I don't just keep buying ... I sell the ones I have lost interest in to fund others. I wouldn't be too comfortable having my collection become too large either because it would be difficult to make use of them all. I think anything over 20 bags for me is too much and time to start cleaning things out (and truthfully something more like 10 bags would be better for me, but I find it hard to whittle them down that far!).

Is too difficult I agree but 30 bags is like 10 for me compared to how hoardful I used to be